new 2 group, Mom has NSCLC, stage3 what next?

dlmoore
dlmoore Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I'm trying to give my Mom the facts so that she can decide what to do. Yes, I think the doctor has her and my father convinced that this will invariably kill her, but I can't believe that. I am in remission from Hogdins and I hope my mom chooses to fight it and take any and all treatments possible.
I had chemo and radiation and I think if we can find a good chemo drug and run concurrent radiation that she can kill it.
She has good breathing reserve but I fear she has sipal cord compression.
I could write more details, but I need to see if anyone can help on this discussion board before I waste my time.
Please help me if you know of a similar case where the patient did what it tooke and won
the battle.
Thanks,
Darren

Comments

• grammy
    grammy Member Posts: 20
    Darren, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I am just short of two years out from first dx for NSCLC. Everyone is different but as long as you are fighting there is hope and help. I have had everything they can throw at me and I must admit that nothing has been as bad as I thought it would be before starting on this journey. Good luck.
    Grammy
  • tienclee
    tienclee Member Posts: 2
    Hi Darren - I know of at least one person who survived not Stage III but Stage IV NSCLC lung cancer.
    She did it by drinking a soup filled with many vegetables that all had antitumor properties, in addition to taking conventional therapy. (Radiation, maybe chemo as well, unfortunately, I forget) The soup is available now, it is $600 - $700 a month. If the FDA approves it, it will probably become cheaper. It is currently being studied in trials at Mt. Sinai hospital in New York City. Let me know if you want more details. My e-mail is tienclee@aol.com. The place that sells the soup is called Sun Farm Corporation, they have a website at http://sunfarmcorp.com. My Mom is presently using it to help with her leukemia.

God Bless You and Your Family,

Tien
  • dmsmike
    dmsmike Member Posts: 5
    I had a left pneumonectomy due to advanced NSCLC carcinoma in February, 1998. I had 33 sessions of radiation therapy and have to use oxygen when I sleep, upon exertion and when travel by plane. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Scelrosis around the same time. I am 54 years old and my wife is 52. I cannot work but my wife still does with the help of a wheel chair. The one thing that has always kept us going is that no matter how bad things seem to be all you have to do is look around you and you can see someone else worse off than you are, and our love for each other and our 12 year old son. I hope this helps you.