Idk what to do

OMyGenious
OMyGenious Member Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

hello! I’m new here. According to doctors , I have Stage IV metastatic breast cancer, bones, brain and spine . Treatment I have been on has been working well , which was Enhertu, Zometa, and Faslodex. Recently doctors said cancer now spread to my liver and cancer is no longer HER2+ it’s negative, so treatment needs to change, I’ve been having lower back pain which sometimes makes it hard for me to move around and doctors are saying it because of the progression of the tumors in my lower spine. So they are telling me i need to do radiation. I had planned to go to my spouse’s cousin wedding in New York. They want to do 10 sessions of radiation and I’m stuck between what to do. Because if I start radiation I will it be able to go to the wedding with Him and my daughter. He is a bit frustrated as I am too and wants me to just post pone it until I come back. I do not know what to do . I just feel like I’m missing out on life and my fam. What would you do?

Comments

• UsVa2023
    UsVa2023 Member Posts: 5 Member

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't know that any of us are able to tell you the right thing to do here. While your treatment is important, we can all certainly understand that you don't want to miss time with family. What do you want to do? Which choice makes you feel most comfortable?

• OMyGenious

That’s where I’m stuck. I don’t know what to do. I go back and forth. For one part I would want to get radiation over with. And then I have never been apart from my daughter so there’s that and it make me anxious knowing she will be gone for 4days.

• OMyGenious

That’s where I’m stuck. I don’t know what to do. I go back and forth. For one part I would want to get radiation over with. And then I have never been apart from my daughter so there’s that and it make me anxious knowing she will be gone for 4days.

• jwilke1067
    jwilke1067 Member Posts: 25 Member

Hello, there is always zoom. If you decide to stay for the treatments have someone bring you in the ceremony on zoom, that is the latest way to be there without being there and you can hear the ceremony also.