3 vs 6 chemo?

Momschooling
Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member
edited December 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1

My oncologist says 3 to 6 chemo are needed and I am thinking to just end it at 3. I will be going on letrozole afterwards though for a long time. My cancer is highly hormonal, and I am hoping that the letrozole keeps it away (ca 125 is down since surgery 12 then 11 after 1 round of chemo). Has anyone here with endometroid low grade done only 3 of the chemo? I am stage 2b and was aggressively debulked. Right now I am feeling signs of endometriosis returning, I am doubting chemo can help me more than an estrogen lowering medicine. I will be discussing this with my dr soon but am interested in hearing of anyone else doing just 3.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,359 Member

Hey momschooling, the Ovarian page gets a little quiet. Did you post this on the Uterine page? I'm a visitor from there and they might have input.

• Momschooling
    Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member

Thank you, we decided to do scans and most likely stop at 3, then move to hormonal treatment if all looks good. My cancer is so highly hormonal it was a bit of a gamble hoping chemo might work vs being certain anti estrogen would definitely target it, so we did the minimum chemo and now I am waiting on scans very soon... Radiation is also on the table if needed.

• Marymarg
    Marymarg Member Posts: 6 Member

Apologies, think I mis-posted my story in the wrong place . . . don't want to upset anyone. I am grateful to be able to share so much, thank you!