Hair loss/re-growth

ebbradford1224
ebbradford1224 Member Posts: 2 *
edited March 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hello! I just joined CSN for ovarian cancer. I’m preparing for a total hysterectomy in a few weeks. That hopefully will be the last big hurdle. My question is about hair loss & re-growth. I realize everyone’s different but how long did it take for your hair to really grow back? I have peach fuzz & some stronger hairs coming but nothing substantial. It’s been 1 month since my last chemo treatment. I hope that I see some improvement sooner than later. I didn’t realize just how important my hair was until I lost it.

Thanks!

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member

hello ebbradford! I am a visitor from the Uterine board but pop in to see our other gyn warrior sisters from time to time.

Yep, you are right we are all different. I have friends who said it took a year, mine took longer. I found that mine went through different 'stages' on its way back in. The fine baby soft hair and the color, then to curly which was hard when it was short, to crazy Shirley Temple locks back to the straight I had before. It is a journey to in itself, so hang in there!

Good luck with the surgery. My prayers for a speedy recovery. Hugs dear one.