Another cancer diagnosis

Canadian Sandy
Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
edited July 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

i have just been diagnosed with uterine cancer. I’ve had skin, colon and kidney cancer…..started in 2008. Have been Ned for 5 years. I’m trying so hard to be positive but this has really upset me. Hopefully in a few days I’ll get over the shock and be my optimistic self again. My doc says this is vey curable. I’ll be having a hysterectomy as soon as they can get me in.

I will be 82 this year so hope my body has the strength to get me through it all.

Comments

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member

I am so sorry to hear you are facing this beast once again. You've been through a lot and you will get through this too! You are always such a good support here. ❤️ Hope you will keep us updated with your progress

wishing you a quick, easy and complete recovery.

Pam

• Canadian Sandy

Thank you Pam. I appreciate your comment.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

I'm so sorry you are facing new challenges.

• Canadian Sandy

Thanks for the thoughts Sandia. I was Ned for quite awhile but you’re always wondering what’s next. It was on my very last ct scan that it showed up. Hope you are doing okay these days.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
  • Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member

So sorry for this news. I pray it is a quick recovery from surgery and you have NED results once again. 🙏

• Canadian Sandy

Thanks Deanie…..I’m feeling a bit more positive now and and positive comments help a lot. I do hope you are doing okay these days. Keep the faith!

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member

Sorry to hear this. Hang in there. Kia kaha

• Canadian Sandy

Thank you Kia. The initial shock was very hard but I’m slowly coming out of it now.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

I gave up notions of fairness in this life, but that is still piling it on some. I'm sorry Sandy, though the 'very curable' part sounds positive enough. I hope it goes well with treatment, and it fades to 'just another thing you had to deal with', and did....................................Dave

• Canadian Sandy

Thanks Dave. I just want to get to the place where I can look back and say it’s all over with. Things take so long nowadays and the health system is so bogged down. It’s been 3 weeks and I haven’t heard from anyone yet regarding surgery. Now I know why we have so much anxiety with our ct scans. Hope you are doing well Dave.

• Canadian Sandy
    edited March 2023 #13

Thanks Dave. It is very concerning and my anxiety level is right through the roof. I’ll be happy when I can look back and say it’s over with. Hope you are doing well.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Oh my goodness, this is awful news. You have not been very lucky, and my heart goes out to you.

While you are a fighter in the truest sense, being disheartened is only natural.

Get rid of that no longer needed uterus, and we will be waiting to hear that you are on the up and up.

Cyber hugs!

Tru

• Canadian Sandy

Thanks for your kind words Sue. It’s tough to accept but it has happened and I will deal with it the best I can. I certainly don’t need my dang uterus! lol

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member

I haven’t been on this board in a while and I’m so sorry to see this. I can’t imagine how disheartening this is for you. It’s hard to imagine after you long NED. I hope it’s quickly resolved and you can recover swiftly. Sending you my love and strength.

k

• Canadian Sandy
  • Canadian Sandy

UPDATE April 23/23

i now have a oncologist gynecologist appointment for Friday the 28th of this month. It will be at our cancer agency. On may the 5th I’m scheduled for a ct scan…..looks like the ball finally started rolling. Will keep you updated.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

What a long wait. I remember how hard that is. Every day seems like forever.

Well, you have tonnes of experience behind you, and you know just what questions to ask your new Onc.

I will be thinking of you on the 28th and 5th. Thank you for the update.

Tru

• Canadian Sandy
    edited April 2023 #20

Thanks Sue. It’s a very emotional experience to go back to a place that I was so happy to leave. Just a bit of a hiccup and I will be on my way again. I have been so blessed to have had that remission for so long. Keep the faith everyone!!

• Canadian Sandy

UPDATE

My surgery is scheduled for June 16th. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I’m feeling much better now and preparing to tackle this again.