smelly urine after prostate surgery

paddy1
paddy1 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

Comments

• paddy1
    paddy1 Member Posts: 5 Member

my urine is very smelly after prostate surgery, anyone else notice this?

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 236 Member

Nope. I had a HoLEP.

Id worry about infection with smelly urine, and just having had surgery. They can test it easily.

• fallonboy
    fallonboy Member Posts: 46 Member

After my prostate was removed from 10 years ago, there is no smelly urine. I would go to the doctor. He may want to prescribe anabiotic. good luck on you.

• BES58
    BES58 Member Posts: 11 Member

I had mine removed 1 month ago, I have been also noticing a smell to my urine. Today I cut out coffee, it cut back on discoloration and some of the smell but not all of it. I do have a call into my DR. as well.

• fallonboy

Hello, when my prostate was removed, I do not recall any extra ordinary urine smell.

I wonder if it could be some kind of an infection. Do you have any fever. Yeah I would run it by the doctor.

Good luck on you.

• BES58

It's possible, as of now I'm not running a fever but warm to the touch. I'm thinking g the same with the possibility of a bladder infection. Thank you!

• fallonboy

Yep, easy to detect UTI. Antibiotics Should fix you up. Take care.

• yegbert
    yegbert Member Posts: 1 *

I don’t notice mine being smelly after my prostate was removed, either. a google search on that subject was what brought me here. When it was smelly, I also felt different peeing and noticed my urine cloudy in the toilet. Drinking Cranberry juice cleared mine. Something in cranberries supposedly keeps the offending bacteria from sticking to the urethra walls.

• BES58

I had ended up with a bladder infection. A few meds, and a lot of water helped out. I'm drinking a fair share of cranberry juice now days.

• belltech1275
    belltech1275 Member Posts: 1 *

Had full prostectomy, had an infection afterwards and was given antibios. But the funny urine smell is still there.

• BES58

I just went for my 4th PSA test. It is still undetectable, which makes 1 year and no cancer. I found that drinking at least half my body weight in ounces of water each day helps. But it's still not the same. It seems to be a tit for tat situation. Drink a lot of water increases the dribbles( small leaks). If not enough the color gets darker and smell increases. I'll see the Dr. on Monday. I have a list of questions for him.

• MaK174
    MaK174 Member Posts: 1 *

I had mine removed in July ‘23 and after the catheter was removed 7 days later I too had smelly urine, my wife also noticed the smell. It cleared up within two weeks.