Post recovery surgery

alinb
alinb Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2023 in Kidney Cancer #1

Thank you for everyone’s thoughts and prayers and comments. I had my surgery in 2/10 and went home by 2/12. I had the most horrific shoulder gas pain and I thought I was going to die from it., thankfully I made it alive, now I’m dealing with the incision pain and all of the sudden I am feeling kidney pain!! More to continue

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member

Congratulations! I think the process (and mental games) of preparing for surgery was the worst. Don't get me wrong, the actual surgery was not a "walk in the park" but I can deal with physical pain a lot better than the mental games cancer throws at you. Now, focus on getting well.

Wishing you only the best!

Stub

• alinb
    alinb Member Posts: 5 Member

Post up appointment coming up on Wednesday. I’m hopeful everything will be ok.

• Zeek
    Zeek Member Posts: 2 *

Hello, this is my first comment/ post. I recently had a radical nephrectomy of my right kidney on March 22,2023. alinb, I'm so sorry about the pain you encountered , I also had excruciating shoulder pain. As stub1969 stated, I can deal with physical pain much better than psychological or emotional pain. My reaction to the Anastasia was bad,very bad. It's now been just over three weeks, and I am still feeling side effects from the Anastasia. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I understand my body has been through a lot and needs time to heal. Thank you all, and best wishes!

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member

Hi Zeek,

Everyone heals at a different rate. It takes time. In my case, I was eager to get back to exercising and had the okay from my doc, but my body just wasn't ready and I had to wait a few months longer than I wanted before I could get back at it.

But listen to your body and communicate with your doctor about what you're feeling - and hopefully you'll be fully healed soon!

• Zeek
    Zeek Member Posts: 2 *

Thank you eug91!

I had a long conversation last night with a friend of mine who is a ER surgeon. He said the same as well.

• Janjr
    Janjr Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi. I just found out I have a 2.2 cm mass on my upper left kidney. Seems surreal. Explains my back and belly pain I have had for a while. Seeing the Neurologist this morning. At 71 and other conditions of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Asthma and prior CA in my Thyroid and jawbone I don’t know if this will be the end. Worried about my husband who had a stroke. I’m his caregiver. Prayers appreciated

• Janjr

I meant to write Urologist.

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member

Hi Janjr,

I'm sorry you had to join our club, but the good news is you caught it early! 2.2 cm is small and there's no risk of it spreading. Depending on what your urologist says, you could possibly have a procedure to remove it - or you could even wait and monitor to see if it grows.

You're going to do great!

• Janjr

Thank you very much for the encouraging words🙂. Makes me realize I need to have a contingency plan to take care of my husband if this all goes south. I should have already put that in place 🥴