Afraid it’s back..

Ergot
Ergot Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Esophageal Cancer #1

Been in remission from EC for about 2 1/2 years. Beat it back with just chemo and proton radiation from Mayo Clinic. But now I’ve developed a small lump I can feel in the back of my throat. Having a CT scan this week but my gut feeling is that it is back. I know I should be more positive but what else would it be ? Don’t know if I have enough strength at 73 for another fight.

Eric

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member

Hi Eric,

A feeling of a "lump" in the back of your throat could be many things, Globus is a symptom that can make you feel like you have a lump in your throat. It is also called 'globus sensation'. Globus can be caused by many things, such as an increased tension of muscles or irritation in the throat. I am not sure a CT scan is the best approach to identify the issue. Have they considered an endoscopy to investigate?

I hope you get good news from your tests. If it is back, you beat it the first time, there is reason for hope to beat it again, particularly with new immunotherapy approaches.

Best Regards,

Paul A.

• Ergot
    Ergot Member Posts: 2 Member

Paul,

Thanks for the encouragement. I agree CT scan isn’t the best option. Even if it’s clear will probably need an endoscopy..yet another one. CT scan Wednesday..🤞🏻

Eric

• carmenc
    carmenc Member Posts: 2 Member

Great concern and answer above. I too was just given a “miraculous recovery” after my recent biopsy showed no cancer markers and my PET was clean. I was diagnosed last April w a Squamous Cell Esophageal tumor. It was 2mm from metastasizing, but hit no lymph nodes. Chemo and radiation worked without surgery. Im a week new to recovery. Not even my hospital (La Jolla Scripps) can tell me of a similar case so Eric it is nice to meet you. Please keep me posted as to your prognosis and outcome. I’m in that “now what do I do” stage of being cautiously cured. I wish you the best of luck and I appreciate people like Paul with factual and logical answers. Best of good health to you.

Regards,

Carmen C