thyroid cancer and WEED !

titanium833
titanium833 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 15 in Thyroid Cancer #1

hello everyone.

I've been a weed smoker for 2 years(becuse of my anxiety). 8 month ago i startet to feel pain on my throat when i was smoking , and the pain increased over next month. long story short , i had my thydoid removed because of cancer , 3 weeks ago (since it was on early stage the cancer mass was not too big)

now 3 weeks post surgery i still have pain in my throat after smoking weed!

i wonder, is it possible that the weed actually caused my cancer or helped it develope faster ?! (i know it should be opposite but theres still a lot we dont know about weed!)

and i want to know if its ok for me to continue smoking weed?

has anybody had the same experience?

Comments

• Mi2bys
    Mi2bys Member Posts: 18 Member

stop smoking anything

• titanium833

without weed im gonna have anxity disocder and panic attacks.

i just wanna know if theres any connection between my condition and smoking weed ?

and af anybody had the same experience?

• Mi2bys

Anything you smoke into your lungs through your throat is going to damage both. Not saying it caused your cancer, but it is very unhealthy. I suffer(ed) from panic/anxiety from all that I have been through. I know panic attacks FOR REAL. Turn to the Lord. You can't go wrong.

• titanium833

hello again!

so its been 2 months since the surgery and i still have throat pain, even when i dont smoke!

smoking just make it worst

so, is this normal?

i mean how long will it takes for my wounds to heel?

• Mi2bys

What surgery? You had a total thyroidectomy? The soreness in my throat (and I have had the same surgery, plus another surgery - cancerous lymph node removed from the thyroid bed) only lasted a week to two tops. And it was very manageable.

• Mi2bys

I’m sorry for your pain. Check in with your endocrinologist, would be my advice.

• titanium833

total thyroidectomy , my endocrinologist said its normal , but i dont really think he is a good an experienced doctor and i dont have any other endocrinologist near me (perks of living in a third world country)

• ambermdee
    ambermdee Member Posts: 1 *

I asked my surgeon specifically and the only advice he gave me was that he had no experience with the substance but the only thing he could see happening is it interfering with the anesthesia. After surgery it’s best not to irritate the area further, but I also have bad anxiety and had a rough time after and smoking really helped me. You could also try edibles.

• Misha123
    Misha123 Member Posts: 2 *

I'm in the same boat as you and recommend just switching to edibles. Your throat will thank you for it.