Possible ovarian cancer, prior endometrial cancer

Momschooling
Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member
edited December 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I had endometrial cancer last year, low grade and stage, only hysterectomy needed, and my ovaries looked great, so they left those in and took the tubes (pre menopause). Since then, I have had a lot of discomfort and even tried PPT which didn't help all that much, but overall, I felt pretty good by early fall except for awful back pain. Right after Thanksgiving I got into a pretty nasty car accident and ended up in the ER, they did a CT scan which showed no internal injuries however masses on my ovaries. My oncologist had me get an ultrasound done asap and that did not look great. The doctor there said both masses were concerning for ovarian cancer, I have 2 large complex cysts (one is over 9cm) with moderate blood flow, my right ovary is very enlarged. I am now scheduled to have my ovaries removed at just about a year since my last surgery and the oncologist says it could be benign, borderline, stomal or metastatic from elsewhere, but unlikely epithelial as my tumor markers aren't high enough. He says it's too risky to biopsy beforehand and he will bag the ovaries and do a frozen section during surgery. My CA 125 was 163, Ca 19-9 was 167 and HE4 was borderline at 142, all other markers were normal. I am confused and concerned but hoping it turns out to be easy to treat or benign.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member

hey mom, your Uterine board sister here. I am sorry to hear what has been going on for you. Are those CA and HE4 numbers normal for you? I know they are not always a good indicator, and those numbers may be what you have had all along.

I don't know how many of the Uterine sisters pop over here, but please let us know what goes on after your surgery - whatever page you are most comfortable with. When is your surgery?

• Momschooling
    Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member

Thank you :) I never had any numbers checked before, this was the first time. I was basically written off as an easy fix..I am now scheduled for surgery on my 1 year mark since my hysterectomy and pretty much a mess mentally even though I am trying to appear strong. Unfortunately, I am in a lot of pain in both my stomach and back which of course makes me fear the worst. I am so bloated, it's like swelly belly returned lol and my breasts hurt a lot. I will definitely keep updating in case anyone else is going through similar. Keeping ovaries with endometrial low-grade/stage 1 cancer is very much encouraged by top institutions these days and my ovaries looked totally normal, tubes were clear as well. The doctor at my ultrasound looked really shocked that this could happen in such a short period and very worried. My right ovary is so large it requires to be removed via lap, it's all so very strange.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member

You have a lot to share with all of us, but what you are feeling is normal and it is ok to 'be a mess' and if being strong doesn't always show - oh well. You earned every feeling dear!

Sending you prayers and a speedy recovery from the surgery dear.