Great Cooking and Recipe Website

woodstock99
woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
edited January 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Stumbled across Cook For Your Life.  Lots fo healthy recipes and easy ways to drill down to sepcific needs.  Bon apetit! https://www.cookforyourlife.org/recipes/

Comments

• Spydergal
    Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks

Thanks for link, I'm going to try that pear and kale smoothie 

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited October 2021 #3
    Oh, Hello Coconut and Banana Popsicles!

The recipe for them in the site above looked SO GOOD to me that I was motivated to....

a. order a popsicle kit from Amazon, with a nifty little silicone eight-pack mold and popsicle sticks.

b. assemble all ingredients

c. actually make them!

And the verdict is in. A great big happy YUM from me! I just happened to have two overripe bananas on hand. Note: they don't have to be frozen before you use them. Also, you can add other frozen fruits--a blackberry chopped up, a strawberry. You get the picture.

I also added some chopped dried coconut. I know I went about "half" on the honey, as I was hurrying and didn't put quite enough in, but they are excellent!

Thanks for sharing the very cool site.

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2021 #4
    Sounds delicious - will have

Sounds delicious - will have to try these.   My husband ahs been complaining about no dessert! Thanks.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    I just ordered a hard copy

It's such a great cookbook.

For my survivorship, I am making a huge attempt to radically cut meat and dairy, and bump up vegetable and fruit intake. Today, I had six serviings of vegetables and a couple of fruit---along with a couple fresh spring rolls. 

I was doing a beach house clean out, so got in about 13k steps and earned 130 "active minutes" on my fitbit. I ate ice cream my last renter left behind, but then realized I was "still" lactose intolerant w ice cream, and it vacated my body within the hour, so I don't think I really ate much ice cream, ha ha! Sorry for the TMI.

• cdurante
    cdurante Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2021 #6
    Thank you

I saved this site I will definitely check the recipes.  

• carolrichwrites
    carolrichwrites Member Posts: 25 Member

Thanks for sharing this! I'm a vegetarian always in search of more protein options! I love to cook but with my big cancer detour of 2022, I've really gotten off track. I'm sure I'll find lots of yummy options here!

• Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member

I checked this out. The creamy shrimp soup looked appealing especially since I wanted shrimp! It is good. I especially like the broth and I could totally have had this during chemo.