New member. Metastasized Melanoma

MarkHood
MarkHood Member Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2022 in Skin Cancer #1

Hi all

My name is. Mark and about 3 years ago I had a time spot is Melanoma removed from my scalp. They said it was in the initial stage and very very small. Last month ago I found a walnut size lump on the left side of my neck. It was found to be metastasized Melanoma and was started on keytruda. After my 3rd treatment i had a neck dissection done (2 weeks ago) and they removed 50ish lymph nodes, part of a muscle, and a saliva gland.

After the surgery it was found they my thoracic duct had been nicked and was leaking into the wound. I was started on a no fat diet and had a pressure bandage applied. In a day or so I can start adding some fat into my diet and see if the leak starts again. If it does, they will have to open me back up to seal it.

The next plan to to start radiation in 3-4 weeks..

my biggest issue is I have the keytruda cough and stomach issues…. I had a cat scan today to check for Pneumonitis…

‘I am overwhelmed and depressed

mark

Comments

• Br44
    Br44 Member Posts: 2 *

Sorry about this, Mark.

How are you doing?

Here is a book about one man bitting what you have with a special diet “I Used to Have Cancer: How I Found My Own Way Back to Health”

I did not read this book, but maybe it will provide you with some useful tips.

I am sure you could get it in a library.

Good luck!

• Br44
    Br44 Member Posts: 2 *

Forgot to tell you the author of this book had melanoma. and it spread.

• DadSaysCancerSux
    DadSaysCancerSux Member Posts: 5 Member

Mark,

Can you post. An update on your healing and recovery.

I am a recently also diagnosed with non resectable metastatic melanoma, my walnut was on the right clavicle, with widespread lesions and Mets. I am in immunotherapy and clinical trial treatment.

Original skin and lymph nodes diag'd 9+ years ago and handled with surgery but the beast is back for a new fight.

Not alone in your journey

• MarkHood
    MarkHood Member Posts: 4 Member

I am answering for Mark. Soon after he wrote the above it was discovered through PET scan that the cancer continued to spread even while on treatments. Therefore no radiation or further treatments other than a chemotherapy pill to try and slow the growth. Nothing worked. A genetic test was done and discovered he had a rare genetic mutation that nothing would work on. I am extremely sad to say Mark passed away a week ago.

• DadSaysCancerSux
    DadSaysCancerSux Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you for the update. I am sorry to hear of the result. My sincerest condolences to you and all those around Mark.