Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone May Your Blessings Be Many

wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,260 Member
edited December 2022 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Comments

• wbcgaruss

Hello everyone, I just would like to wish everyone a happy, safe, and Blessed Thanksgiving.

We have all been through some tough times but still manage to find Blessings in each day.

Please feel free to add your Thoughts, Well Wishes, comments, stories etc.

Please remember and pray for our fellow Americans in the military during this time who will not be home with family during the holidays

Take time to make a list of the blessings you have. Take time to say “Thank You” to someone who makes you smile, who helps you at the store, who answers your call when you have a problem, who is a special friend when you feel alone or sad. Make this Thanksgiving a day of thanks for the little things. Make this Thanksgiving a day to reach out to those who need you. Make this Thanksgiving a day to share the love of family and friends. Count your blessings on Thanksgiving Day and each day forward. Take time to thank our God who makes all things possible. The truest measure of our thanksgiving is how we use the blessings for which we give thanks.

Wishing everyone the best Thanksgiving ever.

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member

Likewise to you, Russ, and everyone else on the Forum.

• SmittyFromCuse
    SmittyFromCuse Member Posts: 84 Member

I have a lot to be Thankful for. Just found out yesterday I have HPV16 SCC. I had a necrotic level 2a lymph node removed a few days ago and pathology confirmed. I’m thankful it’s HPV related and I’m going to be treated by the surgeon that Invented TORS at Penn medicine. Thankful to have good insurance, and great friends and family. Thankful that I found this site and thankful I am a Marine because I know how to fight and persevere. Thankful for my wife, she is my whole life and I’m not ready to leave her alone yet. God bless everyone on this site!

• wbcgaruss

Logan thanks for the response and wishing you many Thanksgiving Blessings and many more beyond.

Take care, God Bless-Russ

• wbcgaruss

Smitty, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your response. Yes, you are truly Blessed and I feel the same way about my situation and the medical people and procedures we have available nowadays. Are you going to have more surgery and or follow-up treatment such as radiation and chemo or is the lymph node removal all you need? I too had treatments at Penn Medicine but it was in Lancaster, PA at Ann Barshinger Cancer Center. Continuing forward I pray you will be cancer free and you and your wife draw ever closer to each other through this.

Wishing You the Best

• SmittyFromCuse

Russ I’m not sure what the next steps are. My ENT surgeon will discuss with me tomorrow but he said he is referring me to Penn. He said he did not see any tumor in the nasal scope visible on tonsils or back of tongue ( most likely areas for 2a lymph node drainage) but said it could be very small. I’m guessing more testing is in order to find primary and see if it spread.

• wbcgaruss

Very well Smitty, keep us updated and I am hoping and praying they don't find anything. Have you had CT Scans with contrast? Have you had PET scan?

Also, I want to thank you for your service to our country.

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• SmittyFromCuse

I had MRI and CT with contrast before first surgery. Nothing was found. I’m guessing PET is next.

• wbcgaruss

Smitty that should be next and you should definitely have one.

Once they suspect cancer they usually have you get a CT scan with contrast.

That shows any cancer or suspected cancer in the H&N area.

Next, they will biopsy the suspected cancer and verify it is in fact cancer and not some benign growth and determine what type it is such as Squamous Cell.

Then before treatment they usually have you get a PET Scan which is a whole body scan sometimes referred to as "eyes to thighs" involving a small amount of radioactive dye and waiting an hour before the scan for it to get in your system before the scan. The purpose is to make sure you don't have cancer anywhere else in your body and to know what they are dealing with.

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• SmittyFromCuse

I met with the surgeon yesterday and he has a plan. I’m starting a new post so I can keep track of my progress in one place and hopefully help others as you have helped me.

• wbcgaruss

Very good, Smitty, that sounds like a very good idea. I also think it will get more responses since it is your topic rather than adding onto an existing one. I will be looking forward to it. I am glad they have a plan for your treatment and that things are moving forward.

Wishing You the Best