Relapse

Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
edited November 2022 in Prostate Cancer #1

Hi friends.   A very brief note:   I have relapsed on my Lymphoma.  Just thought I'd mention. 

I won't write more about it here, but if you have some interest, you can follow my thread " Round III " at the lymphoma Board.

max

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    Be positive

Hi Max,

Hope for the best, stay positive.

Dave 3+4

• eonore
    eonore Member Posts: 174 Member

Dear Max,

I just read the thread in the other forum to get a better idea of what you are facing.  You have great courage and spirit, and it is inspiring how you are facing this setback.  My prayers are with you along with hope for a speedy recovery.

Eric

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish that you have a full and speedy recovery. 

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    edited October 2020 #5
    Another chapter in your life

Sorry to hear about the relapse. Never thought that a lymph node could get that big (5x2.5cm). I hope the removal has been successful and you recover the soonest.

Best wishes for good news on Tuesday.

VG

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited October 2020 #6
    Best wishes

You have been a wonderful (and longtime) contributor to this forum and I feel especially bad that you are facing new challenges. I am ignorant with respect to lymphomas, but I do hope that the issue can be solved.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Old Salt said:

Best wishes

You have been a wonderful (and longtime) contributor to this forum and I feel especially bad that you are facing new challenges. I am ignorant with respect to lymphomas, but I do hope that the issue can be solved.

XOXO

Love ya, Old Salt.   I am hoping fo the samet thing......

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
    edited October 2020 #8
    Plain of existence

Well, we face so many issues on this plain of existence.  I will say this, your approach and attitude is a beacon for me and I am sure for many others.  As we continue to face the "Emperor of of all Maladies", it always has surprises for us.  So keep up the fight.  Wish you a speedy recovery.

edited October 2020 #9

Plain of existence

Well, we face so many issues on this plain of existence.  I will say this, your approach and attitude is a beacon for me and I am sure for many others.  As we continue to face the "Emperor of of all Maladies", it always has surprises for us.  So keep up the fight.  Wish you a speedy recovery.

Bio

Nine days after biopsy removal, still no word.   The pathology group claims "most results within 24 to 48 hours."  My onc did say that she called the pathology office and they thought it necessary to send off my samples to another facility for second opinion.   Silly me, always being the exception.

I might use this as a teaching moment:  The W.H.O. recognizes five forms of Hodgkin's lymphoma, and over fifty types of non-HL.  They all vary in cell types, and drugs that work for one are often useless against other strains.   Many hematologst spend an entire career with out ever seeing many of these disease subtypes.  It is a challanging line of work.

edited October 2020 #10

Bio

Nine days after biopsy removal, still no word.   The pathology group claims "most results within 24 to 48 hours."  My onc did say that she called the pathology office and they thought it necessary to send off my samples to another facility for second opinion.   Silly me, always being the exception.

I might use this as a teaching moment:  The W.H.O. recognizes five forms of Hodgkin's lymphoma, and over fifty types of non-HL.  They all vary in cell types, and drugs that work for one are often useless against other strains.   Many hematologst spend an entire career with out ever seeing many of these disease subtypes.  It is a challanging line of work.

Finally got my biopsy results yesterday.  The diagnosis is PTGC.   This is usually benign, and is benign in my particular case.   Surgeon said the node he removed was tennis-ball sized.  

I give thanks,

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/10712/progressive-transformation-of-germinal-centers

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2020 #11
    Great news

A very good report, something us cancer survivors dont get very often.  Take a deep breath of relief and have a brewski.

Dave 3+4

edited October 2020 #12

Great news

A very good report, something us cancer survivors dont get very often.  Take a deep breath of relief and have a brewski.

Dave 3+4

Cleve, at your recommendation, I broke out the good stuff:    Milwaukee's Best Lite,  $9.00 on sale for a 15 pack.    Wink

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    edited October 2020 #13
    Smashing news

In terms of cancer, I have been around it, beside it and under it, but never above it. However, I think that you are above it all. Congratulations.

VG

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited October 2020 #14
    Great news

But I would have celebrated with a pumpkin ale.

Or a chocolate stout perhaps?

PS: The Oktoberfest brews are probably sold out by now...

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
    edited November 2020 #15

Finally got my biopsy results yesterday.  The diagnosis is PTGC.   This is usually benign, and is benign in my particular case.   Surgeon said the node he removed was tennis-ball sized.  

I give thanks,

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/10712/progressive-transformation-of-germinal-centers

Great News

Always gald to hear good news.  I know you must be happy.  Enjoy.

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 143 Member

Max,

what is the other forum you use?