Cervical Cancer Diagnosis

FaithStrong05
FaithStrong05 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2022 in Emotional Support #1

Hi everyone. I am a 29 year old mother of a 13 year old, 8 year old, and 4 month old. I have just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. I haven't even found out what stage yet and to say I am scared, upset, nervous is an understatement. I don't know how to feel or what to think. I don't know what the steps are or what to expect. All I know is the ONLY thing holding me together is my faith in God and knowing He will pull me through, especially for my babies. I guess I'm just looking for some advice, support, honestly I don't even know.

Comments

• brittney324
    brittney324 Member Posts: 2 Member

I survived cervical cancer even after it spread to my lymph nodes. It’s hard, and at times it feels embarrassing. I’m here, I’m not judging, I empathize. I took it one moment at a time and learned to ask for help and let my pride go. I learned to disassociate from the pain by saying “I’m ok, it’s just my body that hurts.” I meditated. I blogged on social media to keep my family and friends in the loop and it served as a journal for me.

ypur kids are going to react. Mine threatened suicide. He was terrified he’d lose me and it came out as anger. We both stayed in therapy. I learned it’s ok to let him see me sad, scared, vulnerable; mom isn’t always superhuman and that’s ok.