Looking for support

Amy_B
Amy_B Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Peritoneal Cancer #1

Last year I was treated for Stage 4 appendix cancer that metastasized to the peritoneum. I'm in the monitoring stage which, for me, post-cancer has been difficult. Having hard time adjusting back to normal routines & activities. I start work about May 9th & chemo fog & lack of concentration along with memory issues have me concerned. Has anyone had this & any suggestions on how to improve it? Thank you.

Comments

• PKL
    PKL Member Posts: 2 Member

Good morning Amy. This most certainly is nothing any of us expected, huh? I was diagnosed in December, 2021 with IV ovarian which is now primary peritoneal cancer. It has definitely not been an easy road emotionally. I went back to work (after almost 5 months) last week. It was hard getting back into the swing of it...but slowly I am. I tried not to be too hard on myself because I had to realize this has been a difficult journey. As far as any concentration, etc. I found myself lacking some interest in concentrating on things I did not want to do anymore. I love my job but in the middle of this emotional rollercoaster, it was difficult. I tried to be gentle with myself and realize anyone would be in the same boat. This diagnosis changes your entire outlook on everything. Be easy, take one moment at a time and respect your situation. Are you going back fulltime? What kind of work do you do?

• Willow oaks
    Willow oaks Member Posts: 39 Member

Stage 1A Uterine Serous Carcinoma cancer reoccurred in my peritoneal. I’ve just had my first treatment of 6 …21 day treatments of Carbo/taxol/Avastin followed (if it works) by 12 more Avastin. Is anyone else on this treatment or how did it work for you? Any update on experiences

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Member Posts: 5 Member

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for replying. I work in the underwriting area of insurance. Work is a big identity to me but I'm realizing that after cancer, that no longer serves me. It's a hard realization. I'm in a space that I never thought I'd be. No longer battling cancer but no one who can relate to me as a cancer survivor. My therapist says I'm in the grieving stage. It's a challenging journey. How are you? Thank you again for responding