Losing weight

stevenbcdk
stevenbcdk Member Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2022 in Pancreatic Cancer #1

I'm post surgery and chemo. Still weak and can’t do too much without tiring I’ve been using Creon for a while and still losing weight. My next visit to my oncologist is in August. Would like to discuss timeline with someone who has gone through similar situations. In Seattle/Tacoma area. Just turned 77

Comments

• Chris2328
    Chris2328 Member Posts: 19 Member

Hi!

I had a Whipple procedure in April 2022. I have similar issues. Fatigue and loss of appetite. Creon has helped, but I still struggle to maintain weight. I lost 40 pounds throughout the diagnostic process and surgery, and have started chemo. Getting my first blood work up after chemo.

The most successful things I have tried are combining anti nausea meds with a gentle stool softener to keep my bowels moving. And Creon.

I use Kachava protein drinks to supplement and get nutrition. I brought the bag to my nutritionist as a part of sharing my strategies, and she was very impressed with the ingredients. It really helps me to keep my protein up, and is delicious. I tried several different kinds, and hated the way they taste. I recommend the vanilla flavor, and I often add frozen fruit to brighten the drink.

Best of luck. Please let me know how you are doing.