Scans

Deanie0916
Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
edited June 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi I'm having a PT scan, CT scan, mammogram in the next few weeks. I think I am experiencing more scanxiety because all my tests and appointments are all bunched up within a month's time. Appreciate prayers and good wishes. I'll keep you posted on the results. Thanks.

Comments

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member

I will keep you in my prayers let’s wish for good scans thinking about you

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 237 Member

Is there a reason you're already scheduled for a PET scan before you've had the CT? I've only had PET scans when something questionable has shown up on a CT and they need another look and/or a biopsy. I always have the majority of scans this time of year, too - CT and followup with the urologist on June 3rd, diagnostic mammogram and followup with breast surgeon the next Tuesday, then oncologist the next week. I'm always glad when June is over!

• Deanie0916

My kidney doctor ordered it. I think the PT is to look at kidney, pancreas and any other areas. The CT is without contrast to focus on the lung nodules ordered by the oncologist. All the best to you and your scans coming up!

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member

Hey Deanie! I was just thinking the other day that my scanxiety is less this year, or did not start as early for some reason. Maybe getting past the five year mark. Maybe being strangely busy during the covid era. Anyway... I also bunch up appointments, as I return every year to the state where I had my surgery and did my healthcare for decades. So within a week and a half to two weeks, I have my annual physical, derm, CT or US in alrernating years, chest xray, and followup with my surgeon/urologist/oncologist (I was lucky enough to find all three in the same person.) I call it my preventive maintenance time. I think I like that the anxiety is not spread out... So I'll be praying for you and all of us having scans soon - and a big shout out to the "class of 2016!" Take care ~

• Deanie0916

Thanks Jazzgirl! I like "preventative maintenance".

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member

Hi Deanie,

any news on all the scans?

• iwanttoenjoylife
    iwanttoenjoylife Member Posts: 21 Member

I wonder how many people have lung nodules, I have a few too, unchanged since last CT.

• Deanie0916

Hi Allochka, thanks for checking. PET scan done there doesn't seem to be much change. CT scan today and appointment with oncologist on the 31st.

• Mmoses25

Thinking about you deanie I hope your ct scans are good my prayers are with you

• Deanie0916
  • jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member

Fingers crossed, prayers said. Take care ~

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 237 Member

I have lung nodes, and my oncologist told me most people have things in their bodies just from living. We don't know about them until we start getting scans. If they don't grow, they're nothing to worry about.

• Lynn_65
    Lynn_65 Member Posts: 63 Member

I am 2 1/2 years out from my partial nephrectomy and have my CT scan tomorrow. Even though I have them every 6 months (out of an abundance of caution, for which I’m thankful) I am still anxious. I like the idea of “preventative maintenance” too! Think I will be using that term from now on!

Prayers for all going through this disease, wherever you are in your journey!

• Deanie0916

Hello everyone here's my update. One lung nodule has grown a bit not enough to be considered unstable. Pancreatic neuroendocrine wasn't measured this time but the activity measured on the PET scan was less. I'm not sure what that means for growth or no growth. I will have CT scans in September to ✔ on lung nodules and pancreas one. Thank you all so much for your care and concern and help😘

• Mmoses25

It sounds like great news I keep praying for you good luck in September

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member

Hi, it sounds like things are stable, which are the best news while being in an uncertain situation. After several stable scans it is safe to say these things are benign.

But the stress this uncertainty adds... Hope you can manage...