Cervical Cancer survivor/warrior

I know the title looks confusing. But I was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer in February 2019. They hit me with some hard chemo & radiation followed by internal radiation. I was very lucky to not be sick. I was just really fatigued. The internal radiation gave me blisters on my booty but with iodine on it for 2 days they were gone! I beat the cancer in December 2019! The tumor was completely gone! I was going for check ups every 3 months for 2 years. I had one more 3 month check when it came back, this was October 2021. Right now we are doing immunotherapy. It came back in a lymph node near my lung. As before I have my faith & family by my side so I have no doubt I’ll beat it again. It’s just more difficult this time b/c at the same time I was re-diagnosed my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s & FTD (frontotemporal dementia). I’m only 45 and he is only 56. It’s exhausting but I forget I’m fighting cancer b/c I’m so focused on him. So you ladies out there that have cervical cancer, have no doubt you CAN beat it! Keep the faith! You ARE a rock star!

Comments

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member

Branleigh,

We are Sisters! I am very saddened to hear of you reoccurrence but hopeful for your immunotherapy treatment. What immunotherapy are you on? How are you feeling?

Coping with uterine cancer and taking care of your husband, too! I see you as a star!

TY for taking time to send us encouragement.

((Hugs))

• danielleduncan
    danielleduncan Member Posts: 2 *

I know it’s been a long time but I was just diagnosed this week! I’m 34 and unsure of what to expect. We are starting with a total hysterectomy.