It ended today

Tueffel
Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member

On todays morning around 6:30am, 26th November my dear Papa passed away. 

Papa had the feeling already but still went on Tuesday to the CT to get the confirmation. Lonsurf did not help. I took a 10h drive to get home as quick as possible. 26h after my arrival he was gone.

He did not want to suffer long and wanted to die at home. He got his last wish!

I will not be here for a long time or never come back. It is frustrating when a therapy worked for others while it did not work for my dear Papa.

I am still shocked. I am thankful for your help the last months.

Silvia

Comments

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    Sorry!

So very sorry for your loss Tueffel!,  he is in heaven now at peace!

• Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2021 #3
    Sorry

Dear Silvia, I am so very sorry for the the loss of your Papa. You and your family are in my prayers. May your Papa rest in peace in the arms of our Lord.

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Dear forum friend

I am so sorry to hear that your papa has passed away.  

May your memories bring you back to a happy place, but until then, remember there is no shame in grieving. 

Your new friends here, will not forget you; and we wish you the best as you move forward in your life, especially with your studies and then as you graduate and become the Doctor.  Your papa will be so proud of you, as his spirit surrounds you. 

May you find comfort at this time, and may your life be blessed. 

Tru

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited November 2021 #6
    I'm sorry Silvia, life has no

I'm sorry Silvia, life has no innate fairness, and good folk suffer and pass earlier based on things as simple as random chance. Medicine is better at changing the odds on some things more than it is on others. At an average of thirty trillion cells per person, we're all ultimately, a delicate collection of complex microscopic ongoing operations. None of these facts makes losing your Papa, or mine easier, and only you can know the depth of your pain and loss. I hope you find solace and the strength to bear it all until you find a time when the good memories don't always desolve into the hurt of going through all this, and your loss............................................Dave

• Steelkiwi686
    Steelkiwi686 Member Posts: 73 Member
    My condolences

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Papa.
    You are in my thoughts during this time.

Take care. 

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited November 2021 #8
    Condolences

Silvia, please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss.  We all realize that ultimately life ends, but it is difficult to process when it is premature.  I hope that you will find the stregnth to focus on the good times, to meditate on the human condition and ultimately to move forward doing the best you can in life.

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2021 #9
    Dear Silvia,

you are such a wonderful,caring and loving daughter, please know,that you had done everything and more in your power to help your beloved Papa,and he had known it. I know it is very hard on you,but please be strong,study to become a doctor,your Papa had been so proud of you! So sorry you have to go through this difficult time,

regards,

Suzy

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited November 2021 #10
    I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry.  It sounded like your dad was a true fighter until the end.  May you find comfort in knowing that your dad did everything he possibly could and that you know you are in my prayers for healing and peace.  May your dad RIP.

Kim

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2021 #11
    I'm so sorry...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but you Papa is free from pain and has a whole "body" again. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited November 2021 #12
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    edited November 2021 #13
    So very sorry

To hear this sad news.  May you find  comfort and strength in the happy memories you have of your dear Papa.  

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    I am so very deeply sorry

I know how hard he fought, and how you fought right along with him. My deepest condolences to you and your family. 

• BerniceOB
    BerniceOB Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2021 #15
    I'm so sorry

My deepest condolences to you and your family.  There are no words that I can say that would help to take your pain away but know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.  

• OnTheRoad
    OnTheRoad Member Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2021 #16
    I am so sorry

I am so sorry for these unfortunate news. Be sure your dad felt supported and loved during the time he had this disease. Be sure you did your best during all this time. Sometimes we still have to admit this horrible disease still takes part of our dearest people. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and family.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member

I’m so very sorry. It’s so devastating to lose your parent. Sending you my love and strength.

k

• DanNH
    DanNH Member Posts: 184 Member

Our hears are broken for you over your Papa's passing. May God bless him and you was well.

Pam and Dan

• kalee0221
    kalee0221 Member Posts: 9 Member

Condolences. I feel for you. I lost my best friend on November 22. Grief will come in waves, but remember they aren’t really gone. All of the memories are still with you, and they will remain in our hearts, forever.