New here. Diagnosed August 2.

2»

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited November 2021 #22
    NICE!

YOU DID IT! Congrats, val - well done! Great job getting through your neph. Take it easy, heal up, and don't forget to stay on top of your follow-ups. 

Here's to your continued healing!

• val11
    val11 Member Posts: 4
    Any suggestions for post surgical nausea?

Almost a week post surgery, pain is getting better every day.  I still have quite a bit of what I would call "nausea".  I haven't had any narcotics for a couple days, only Tylenol, and have had small BMs two days in a row.  I'm not eating a lot but trying to eat a little something every time I get hungry - mostly bland foods and not much for quantity.  Again, I'm so very grateful for the support and advice found here.  Whoever advised bringing a pillow for the ride home from the hospital deserves a gold medal...I don't know if I would have survived without it!

• GiGi5
    GiGi5 Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2021 #24
    Glad It's Going Well Val!

So happy your recovery is going well!  I was on oxycodone four days post-op, then just Tylenol for two days.  When I stopped the oxy, I had miserable nausea for two days, and then really tired for a couple more days.  My husband was very encouraging and said it was just my system clearing that stuff out.  I pretty much got by on tea and toast.  Every day I kept reminding myself that tomorrow I would feel a little better.  Today I am two weeks post-op, and doing better than I thought I would!  My appetite has certainly returned and I may have indulged in a celebratory donut (or two) today!Laughing

The good news is the worst is behind you, and you are doing awesome!  Keep us updated!