Vomiting on day 8 after Folfox?

Floshoe
Floshoe Member Posts: 11 Member

My ex had his first Folfox treatment 8 days ago.  Had mild nausea the first few days, was feeling better, and started vomiting a few hours ago.  His scan a few weeks ago was clean, but i'm always worried about mets, since he's stage 4.  Has anyone else experienced vomiting so late in the cycle?  Thanks to all of you for your help!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Nasty stuff

I hated vomitting - always did, always will. 

The only time I threw up during treatment, was when I missed taking my little anti-vomit pill; so, I am not going to be much of a help.  

He definitely needs to keep hydrated, if he continutes to vomit, and then be sure to talk it out with the Doctor if it does conitnue. 

Tru

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    Call oncologist

If he vomits ? again in the next few days, call oncologist Bc he can become dehydrated, he should probably go to infusion center for iv fluids ASAP !

• Floshoe
    Floshoe Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2021 #4
    He’s better today, I’m blaming the sausages

Update, he's feeling better this morning.  He fried up some smoked sausages for lunch yesterday, and I think they were just too heavy and greasy for him.  Thank you for the replies, this site has already been a great comfort to me!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited October 2021 #5
    Medication

There are many different medications they can give you to lessen this.  If one doesn't work, make sure to call the doctor to try another one.  Hope it gets better.

Kim

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2021 #6
    Nausea

Amend took care of my nausea when nothing else would. More than decade ago it was $80-100 a pill though.  I had nausea throughout treatment

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    edited October 2021 #7
    Nausea

Not being nauseou though changed everything...