Lupron

ncobjim
ncobjim Member Posts: 37

Have not been around here for some time.   PSA went up to 3.2 about 18 months ago went on Lupron and it went down to .008 for 9 months then took a vacation and it stayed ar .008 for 1 year.  Last check it went up to .092.  If up again back to HT.  Never ends.

Comments

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member
    Welcome back

Jim,

Great reading news from you again.  I don't know your present definite treatment plan but I assume it being intermittent ADT. 

In my case I am doing that but the periods for on or off drugs is regulated by the level of the PSA. On-drugs is a continuous period of one year in remission levels (PSA <0.05). The Off-drugs last till a defined threshold set by my oncologist. In my case it is set to be PSA = 2.5 ng/ml, but this level differs from case to case. The threshold is set higher if the vacation period (off-drugs) becomes shorter than 18 months.

Can your share details on the matter?

Here is your story;

https://csn.cancer.org/node/249936

Best

VG 

• ncobjim
    ncobjim Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2021 #3
    Lupron

Vasco,

Nice hearing from you again. Hope all is good.

My oncologist favors a 9 month on and 9 month off.  Double time seems to be his key to going back on.  Responded

so we'll (.008)  that he did not push it when when it went up to (.092) which is way more then double but still really low.

So January  will be 1 year off.  We will have to see what the results are at that time.  Do not have a threshold number.

My feeling is if it is still below 0 maybe I could stay off but I will trust what the Doc thinks.

How long have you been off?

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member
    Vacations since 2012

Hi again, 

My off-drugs period is almost 10 years long. You can read details of my journey off drugs in this link;

https://csn.cancer.org/node/320970

The target threshold is PSA = 2.50 ng/ml, but so far its highest level was only 2.14. It has been fluctuating in a sort of plateau since April 2017.

My present oncologist considers me as "under observation".

Back in 2012 at the beginning of the off-drugs period the PSA increased rapidly from <0.02 to 0.88 in one year.  Then it plateaued in the range of 1.50 for 4 years, going up to 1.80 and plateauing again. The bandit may surprise me again with the results of the next test scheduled for December.

Crossing my fingers. 

Best

VG