Update-DNC Biopsy

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here awhile, I've been super busy sewing gifts and decorations for the up coming  holidays. Today I had my DNC biopsy done at MOFFIT. I am bleeding and feeling cramps which I hope go away tomorrow. I should have results within 7 to 10 days. I am going to flip out again waiting to find out wether or not I have cancer. Dr Wenham said he was going to check my bladder to. I still had a bag of my mom's depends under the bathroom sink so when I got home I replaced the blood soaked  pad they gave me at the hospital with a depends. I have had to replace the depends once since I got home. Now the waiting game begins,. 

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Ok

At least you won't be in limbo soon.  That is the hardest. Fingers crossed for your outcome

• Spydergal
    Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member
    ConnieSW said:

Ok

At least you won't be in limbo soon.  That is the hardest. Fingers crossed for your outcome

This DNC wasn't like the two

This DNC wasn't like the two I had pre menopause for endometriosis, then I barely spotted and I don't remember it hurting afterwards like it did this time. My family was told in post op that several polyps where removed but that doesn' necessarily mean cancer. 

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    Spydergal said:

This DNC wasn't like the two

This DNC wasn't like the two I had pre menopause for endometriosis, then I barely spotted and I don't remember it hurting afterwards like it did this time. My family was told in post op that several polyps where removed but that doesn' necessarily mean cancer. 

Waiting is so hard.

I had a hysteroscopy D&C and had some bleeding and cramps for a few days. Nothing major. Waiting is like the most exquisite stress imaginable. Nothing really distracts you from the wait, but distracting yourself even for a few minutes takes some of the stress away. I watched funny movies, etc. to get through the long wait. Let us know how you are doing.

xxoo

Denise 

• Spydergal
    The DNC was on Oct 7 and I'm

The DNC was on Oct 7 and I'm still bleeding but it's not bright red so I think I'm ok. Since they removed several polyps they also did a cystoscopy and proctoscopy. Back in 2011 my urologist detected some blood in a urine sample and they found cancer cells. I was told to have a yearly cytoscopy and the following year nothing abnormal was found. When I moved to Florida I was seen by a urologist at Shands. He does a urine sample at each visit but he has never done a cytoscopy which seems odd considering my other urologist did. I hope nothing unusaul was found and having the procedures done while they did the DNC biopsy was common. I'll be a nervous wreck waiting forthe results. I ordered some Christmas fabric, fat quarters, charm packs and I am quilting Christmas table runner, wall quilt, coasters and an advent calendar. I made sets of earrings last night as gifts for friends and family. It did help a little bit but once I went about daily activities I worried again. excuse me for saying, but this really sucks.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Waiting is the hardest part!

Waiting is the hardest part! I'm so glad that you have Dr. Wenham on your team. You truly are in the best of hands. 

Thinking of you and hoping you get your results sooner than they expect them to be available.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Spydergal
    Thank you

Thank you so much Cindi