Lonsurf and Y-90 Treatment

Tom M.
Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

Hi All, haven't been around for a bit,I just wanted to have everything in line before I said anything. First off almost 2 cycles of Lonsurf done. No adverse side effects just a little tired at times but have to keep moving or nothing gets done. I should be on Avastian with the Lonsurf but they are holding back for now because of my upcoming treatment. I had 2 mappings done for the Y-90 Radioembolization of the tumor on my liver. The radioembolization should take place in about 2 weeks. Feeling pretty good over all. I'm hoping this next phase of treatment goes well and offers some needed positive results for awhile.     Wishing all of you well and as always you are forever in my prayers.  Tom

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited October 2021 #2
    Hi Tom!

I am happy to hear that you are doing well on the Lonsurf, with little side effects. That is always good news. 

Good luck with your upcoming Y-90.  That was one of my options, but we went with Ablation instead. 

Keep us updated. 

Tru

• Tom M.
    edited October 2021 #3
    Trubrit said:

Hi Tom!

I am happy to hear that you are doing well on the Lonsurf, with little side effects. That is always good news. 

Good luck with your upcoming Y-90.  That was one of my options, but we went with Ablation instead. 

Keep us updated. 

Tru

Thanks

Thanks Tru, looking foward to getting some of this stuff behind me. I have been very lucky as to anything they throw at me treatment wise. BTW do you know how Kim is doing? The two of you were my first friends when I feel onto this site.    Tom

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    That's great Tom, having the

That's great Tom, having the Lonsurf be effective and setting up getting at the tumor with the Y-90, sounds very positive and proactive. Can't wait to hear good news in a few weeks. Keep on trucking.....................................Dave

• Tom M.
    edited October 2021 #5
    TY

Thanks Dave, I'm very hopeful.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Tom M. said:

Thanks

Thanks Tru, looking foward to getting some of this stuff behind me. I have been very lucky as to anything they throw at me treatment wise. BTW do you know how Kim is doing? The two of you were my first friends when I feel onto this site.    Tom

Kim

I belive Kim is fine, as she has been popping on and off the forum.  She will be touched to hear taht you are asking after her. 

Tru

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    edited October 2021 #7
    Glad to hear

Glad to hear that Lonsurfs side effects are not that bad for you. Lets hope it actually has an effect.

My dad unfortunately goes through nausea, runny nose, cold symptoms. I felt stupid to call the oncologist to ask what to do cause we never had nausea as a side effect before, just tiredness. But if it helps, its all worth it.

Good luck for your treatment and positive news. I know how it is and we definetely need some positivity on this board. Has been a nightmare of bad news for a while here...

• DanNH
    DanNH Member Posts: 184 Member
    edited October 2021 #8
    Our oncologist is working on

Our oncologist is working on setting up the Y90 treatment for Pam. It is a lot of waiting. If you post more sbout your experience I will most certainly read it. We wish you the greatest successes with your treatments. 

Dan

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    edited October 2021 #9
    I, too am on Lonsurf plus Avastin

But the Avastin has been held as I've had procedures, including a second kyphoplasty this Thursday.  Side effects from Lonsurf (one 2-week session) have been minimal.  I'm now on my 2 off weeks.  Here's hoping it's effective for both of us.

alice

• Tom M.
    edited October 2021 #10
    Lonsurf

Good luck to you Alice. I'm almost done my 2nd cycle and my Y-90 treatment is on for Oct, 27th. We do what we have to with this. We'll be fine.   Tom

• Tom M.
    Y-90

Dan, I had 2 mappings and in 2 more weeks I will get the treatment. From the consult to yreatment time about 2 months. I will let you know more after the 27th.  Tom

• DanNH
    edited October 2021 #12
    Tom: We still havent heard

Tom: We still havent heard from Radiology. Our oncologist is not happy about it and has made several calls. We did learn that the radiologist said that the tumors are such that he can do the procedure. Doc told us we should get a call this week. I'm sure ours will be a while. 

Best of luck with yours. 

Dan

• DanNH
    edited November 2021 #13
    My Pam has mapping next

My Pam has mapping next Thursday. 

• Tom M.
    Y-90

Dan, she will do fine. Non-invasive and no pain. Takes about an 1 1/2 for the mapping and then another 1 hr for the scaning afterwards. Best of luck to her.   Tom

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited November 2021 #15
    I Was On Lonsurf

It kept me stable for four months.  After 4 months it actually shrunk my cancer.  Kept things stable then.  After a year, things started growing.  The general rule of thumb seems to a treatment works for a year or so, before moving onto the next one.  Of course there are many outliers who do better.  I seem to be things last a year before moving onto the next thing.  Almost 60 rounds of chemo and counting.  LOL

• DanNH

Pam had her first Y-90 delivery today. She did well. Next delivery will be in 4-6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how it impacted the liver mets.

Dan

• Tom M.

That's great Dan. Hoping all turns out good for her. Mine made me tired for a bit and I will be getting scanned after the New Year. Have a Merry Christmas. Tom

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member

Hi Tom, just want you to know I think about you and pray. You are awesome and a fighter. It is encouraging!

• abrub

Test comment by abrub. I think it's signing me in as Trubrit.

• abrub

Test from abrub.