Scanxiety again

Allochka
Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member

Hello everyone,

was glad to see several NEDs lately! Hoping for the same for my husband. 

His chest x-ray is coming on Friday. He hadn't had one for 2 years already. As he was Stage 1a Grade 1, doctor stopped doing follow ups after 3 years. Now husband does it on his own initiative (luckily scans are rather cheap in our country).

It will be 7 years after surgery this December. Do't know why, but I am stressed this time more than usual. Maybe the reason is that our cat is severely sick, there is no certain diagnosis, but a deadly virus is suspected. We are very worried about our little furry guy, and I guess it adds to my scanxiety.

PLease keep fingers crossed for my husband this week!

Thank you guys!

Alla

Comments

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2021 #2
    Fingers crossed

have you in my prayers 

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2021 #3
    Best wishes to you and your

Best wishes to you and your husband. I believe the reason why you get more anxious is that he hasn't had a scan for two years. Another advocate suggested to me if I feel too anxious, then I should scan yearly instead of two.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    edited October 2021 #4
    Hope you have good results!

Prayers!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Update your bio

It looks like someone got married.

icemantooo

• Allochka
    Thank you all so much! I

Thank you all so much! I guess that the fact of 2 years without scans is major part of anxiety...

Iceman, you are the best! Yes, we got married last summer, after many years together :-) I’ll update bio a bit later, after NED’s visit I’m hoping for :-)

Thanks again!

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited October 2021 #7
    sending you positive thoughts-

Sending you best thoughts for your husband's scans - and for your cat's health. 

And CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage, ya crazy newlywed! 

• Mmoses25
    Congratulations

Congratulations on getting married 

• Allochka
    Thanks a lot for

Thanks a lot for congratulations! :-) 

Yes, had a great little weddimg with close friends on the beach, pretty informal but so much fun! Our 6 year old daughter (I was pregnant with her when husdand got diagnosed) carried the rings. The only downside was too many aperol spritzes causing some hangover next day :-)

I also have good news today - the cat is feeling so much better, practically back to himself! We are so relieved, guess antibiotics finally kicked in :-)

now hoping for NED

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Thinking of you and your family

Know that we're thinking of you and your family.  

Keep us updated---AND, congratulations!

Stub

• Allochka
    edited October 2021 #11
    Hello, here comes the most

Hello, here comes the most wonderful update: chest x-ray is clear after 7 years from surgery!

abdominal ultrasound is yet to come, but I'm not worried about it - husband had one last year, and usually these are lungs we all should worry about in the first place. Also, 2 year break in x-rays was worrying me.

And our cat recovered!

Thank you so much for positive vibes and support! Tonight we dine with Uncle NED, and then he will head to you guys, eho hope for his visit.

Hugs!

Alla

• Mmoses25
    Allochka said:

Hello, here comes the most

Hello, here comes the most wonderful update: chest x-ray is clear after 7 years from surgery!

abdominal ultrasound is yet to come, but I'm not worried about it - husband had one last year, and usually these are lungs we all should worry about in the first place. Also, 2 year break in x-rays was worrying me.

And our cat recovered!

Thank you so much for positive vibes and support! Tonight we dine with Uncle NED, and then he will head to you guys, eho hope for his visit.

Hugs!

Alla

Happy

I'm so happy for you guys

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited October 2021 #13
    YES!

Great news. Keep the NEDs coming! 

• Allochka
    Thank you! :-)

Thank you! :-)

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    edited October 2021 #15
    Great news!

On all fronts!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    That's triple congratulations!

That's triple congratulations! Hope uncle NED visits every one of us yearly!