Six Years NED from UPSC

EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

Six years ago today I had my hysterectomy.  My surgeon thought he got it all even though it had spread. I only made it through three chemos. Lots of side effects I've had to live with, but the important word here is "live."

So many wonderful women here didn't make it but, for some reason I did. 

Thanks to all the women on this board who help each other go through this awful disease. I love you all!

Love,

Eldri

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited September 2021 #2
    Celebrate this day

You had all kinds of bad luck in the beginning and long term issues since but you kept your eye on the goal and look where you are now.  Picture me grinning ear to ear for you because I really am!

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Celebrating with you

Eldri, you've been through so much. The thing I've always admired so much about you has been your sense of humor and attitude through it all. Congratulations on 6 years!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Congrats to you, Eldri! So

Congrats to you, Eldri! So glad to be celebrating your 6 years post surgery. I'm a couple of months ahead of you. So many that were going through the surgery and chemo with us are no longer here. I'm positive they are celebrating with you too!  I'll always remember your funny stories!!!!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2021 #5
    Congratulations!

You give hope and inspiration!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 963 Member
    edited October 2021 #6
    Wonderful to read that

That is a big number.  I pray it continues and you just stay that way!!

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2021 #7
    Wonderful news.  I hope that

Wonderful news.  I hope that you remain NED forever.  I also had UPSC, a very scary diagnosis.  I was diagnosed in September 2018, surgery in October.  6 carbo/taxol, 32 external and 6 brachy radiation treatments.  Cheers to you.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited October 2021 #8
    Congrats

Eldri,

Six years is really something to savor, especially when you had such a hard time with treatment and some very difficult post-treatment issues. I'll think of you enjoying this milestone down in sunny Florida and raise a glass to your continued good health at dinner tonight.

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2021 #9
    That is awesome news!

I will try to find your whole story! This is just what I needed today. I'm living (barely) with incurable cancer. It started as UPSC Stage 1A Grade 3. But then 18 months later it came back. Nothing is working against it, so it is always a blessing to hear stories like yours! Hope your NED status never changes!

Donna

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited October 2021 #10
    Eldri, I am so happy for you!

Eldri, I am so happy for you!  Hugs!

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2021 #11
    Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations on your six year anniversary!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Eldri! Woo Hoo!

We love to celebrate those anniversaries. Six years is awesome! So happy for you. 

xxoo

Denise 

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Excellent news!

Very happy for you Eldri.

Jan

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    Wonderful news!

Congratulations on 6 years NED!  I too had UPSC and hope I can celebrate 6 years of being cancer free somday.

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    edited October 2021 #15
    So happy to hear this, Eldri.

So happy to hear this, Eldri.  Hoorayyyyyy!!!!!

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2021 #16
    Congratulations, Eldri!

That is AWESOME news, Eldri. I don't visit the forum as frequently as I did, so sorry for the late kudos. Thanks for all you've contributed to us over the years. Keep on truckin'!

Tamlen