Introduction: Getting Started with the Uterine Board - Updated 4/12/2022

cmb
cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
You've found your way here because you or a loved one either has uterine cancer or there are initial indications that cancer might explain the symptoms now being experienced.

This Board is a good place to learn more about what you can expect as there are initial appointments with doctors, tests, test results, and if necessary, treatment recommendations, treatments delivered and post treatment care.

If you'd like, you can just read some of the existing posts to get a feel for the site. You can read posts without joining as a member. You can also search for terms that you may have read or heard about. For more tips on searching, see the link on "Searching this Site (with Examples)."

If you decide to join the Board, you're very welcome to create a new post introducing yourself and asking any initial questions you might have. See the topic "Some tips from CSN" at the top of this page on how to do this.

As a member, you can also add a comment to an existing discussion topic. But please remember that if that topic is one of the older discussions with lots of comments added over several years you may not get a lot of responses since some of members who posted in the past are no longer on the board. You'll more likely to get a better range of responses to a new topic you've created, or a comment you make to a topic with recent activity. You can see when someone was last on the board by clicking on their username or profile picture.

But even if you don't comment, we encourage you to support those members who do by clicking the "Like" reaction at the bottom of a post when you find a member's comment helpful or encouraging. You can also use the "Care" reaction to express your support for a member dealing with difficult circumstances.

The link at the top of this page "cancer.org" give more information about the resources available through CSN membership. Additional help on using this Board and other site functions is available at the "Welcome to CSN" page. Note especially that the "CSN Help" link that covers topics such as posting comments on the Uterine Board, private messages, using the chat function, etc.

The members here come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences with cancer. None of us, even those with healthcare backgrounds, consider ourselves to be medical experts regarding this cancer.

But what we do have is a wide range of experiences in dealing with the different aspects of this disease on a personal level that is very hard to find elsewhere. And we're happy to share what we've learned (and continue to learn) along the way with those just beginning this process.

So read what interests you and comment if you'd like. We're glad you found this site and hope that it complements the other information you may be learning about right now.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited September 2021 #2
    cmb, this is excellent and

cmb, this is excellent and can we see if it can get pinned to the top? It really is a great way to introduce new folks to this world, it is so overwhelming to try and navigate it all.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    Thanks cmb.

This should help our newbies get acclimated. 

Denise 

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Bravo.

Bravo.

• cmb
    edited September 2021 #5

cmb, this is excellent and

cmb, this is excellent and can we see if it can get pinned to the top? It really is a great way to introduce new folks to this world, it is so overwhelming to try and navigate it all.

Sticky post

I've already asked CSN if they can make this a "sticky."...Now done! Thanks, CSN!

• cmb
    edited September 2021 #6

Thanks cmb.

This should help our newbies get acclimated. 

Denise 

Thanks for the nudge

Thanks for the nudge to create this, Denise.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Thank you, CMB and Denise!

It is a wonderful resource for our new members. It's so hard in the early days and first visits to the forum. Welcome to all newcomers, and if you've found your way here, you're very resourceful!

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2021 #8
    Thank you for this!

Thank you for this!

• dmmorgan71
    dmmorgan71 Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2021 #9
    Thank you!

I am 14 months out from my diagnosis, surgery and radiation treatments.  Just had my 1 year follow-up checkup and it was clear!  Although I do not post often, I come here regularly to read and learn.  Your first hand knowledge has helped me to navigate through the shock of my diagnosis and the treatment plan.  Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and encouragement.  

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited October 2021 #10
    dmmorgan71

You and others are why we keep posting, to help others, to help them navigate what ever comes their way, to educate all who come no matter if they post or not. Our posts get hundreds of views so we know many are reading, not posting. Thank you!

Denise

• Dixon1212
    Dixon1212 Member Posts: 1 Member

Thankful to have found this board. There is so much information that I needed, but could not find. It’s amazing how many are willing to take the time to respond, share, and encourage. Even though I don’t personally know a woman who has gone through endometrial cancer, I’m amazed with their courage and honesty. Having had breast cancer early on, I had plenty of company. However, this time, I’ve been on my own. Thank you again

• PrisPeck
    PrisPeck Member Posts: 10 Member

thank you

This discussion has been closed.