Comments

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Great news!

Congratulations on being declared NED!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 963 Member
    Happy News

I am just so happy to hear your news.  May it last forever.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Good news indeed!

So glad to hear your good news! Although my CA125 isn't considered a marker for me (it was only 18 when I was diagnosed), my doctor still tests it every couple of years. It was 7 at the last test. Even if it isn't a good predictor of disease for me, it's still nice to see it has stayed low since treatment. So I can understand your happiness in seeing your lower number now.

Interesting comments about Xanax and related stomach issues. So many interconnections between brain/body functions that we learn about as we undergo treatment. I hope you continue to feel okay on Zejula.

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2021 #65
    Congratulations

Congratulations Alicia! That is awesome news. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure many like me are smiling with you today. 

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    Thank you!

I appreciate all your congratulations and shared happiness with me! Thank you! It's been a lovely day talking with friends & family to share the joy!

For the first time in over a year I woke up this morning able to believe that I don't have cancer! 

❌⭕️❌⭕️, Alicia

(Huh....I've experienced no nausea today....I don't think that's a coincidence ?)

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member

FINALLY!

I have been declared NED! You know I had to have that second post-treatment CT last week "to be 100% sure," and yesterday afternoon got the news! I'm officially "in remission!" Today we have awoken to a happy, new world!

I put on makeup for yesterday's visit....which I rarely do for doctor visits cuz seems like they always have something to say that makes me cry, so why bother?...and I was wearing a fabulous hat....but it amazed me how all nurses and doctor were going on and on about how great I looked! Oh My Goodness, I was afraid we would never see the day I could leave that office completely happy! Yay!

There was much discussion about how I'm doing on the PARP inhibito/Zejula/immunotherapy. My bloodwork is holding up beautifully! I've had a lot of nausea, little appetite, and had another violent vomiting episode just the night before appointment. Looks like immunotherapy is effecting my stomach lining a little like the chemo did. But I have a lot of anxiety issues and that's greatly contributing to daily nausea. They strongly encouraged me taking my Xanax during the day when I'm not feeling well. I said I would.

I learned something new about anxiety recently. I never walk around thinking or saying I feel anxious. But I discovered during chemo that the best anti-nausea for me was the Xanax. Take a small dose and in 20 minutes I'm not nauseous anymore and have an appetite. So I finally Gogbled it..."nausea and Xanax." Well, it turns out there is this thing they call the Gut-Brain Axis. It's an autonomic bidirectional communication system between your gut and brain. Billions of neurons and neurotransmutters in constant communication and effecting each other - all without your thought or input and completely outside your control! So, gut issues - including nausea, stomach lining, and constipation - can be caused by anxiety and vice versa! So, it's neither my fault or just my imagination that one is effecting the other! That makes me feel better!

And then the icing on the cake! When I was at doctor's office my CA125 number had not come in, A few hours after I got home it did! Holy Moly it was 17! Most of you know I hate that CA and it was determined that stupid thing is not considered a good indicator for me. During chemo it fluctuated in the 20's and 30's and never was in the teens! I'm not going to "bet the farm" on this newest number was it was fabulous to see it drop! It sure is going to make it easier to swallow those Zejula pills every night! 

That's my news, Ladies! Thank you sooooo much for all your love and support throughout my diagnosis & treatment! It has meant the world to me!

❌⭕️❌⭕️, Alicia

Awesome news

We all get happiness when someone else gets news like yours, Alicia. Enjoy the news and all the life ahead of you!

Tamlen

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2021 #68

FINALLY!

I have been declared NED! You know I had to have that second post-treatment CT last week "to be 100% sure," and yesterday afternoon got the news! I'm officially "in remission!" Today we have awoken to a happy, new world!

I put on makeup for yesterday's visit....which I rarely do for doctor visits cuz seems like they always have something to say that makes me cry, so why bother?...and I was wearing a fabulous hat....but it amazed me how all nurses and doctor were going on and on about how great I looked! Oh My Goodness, I was afraid we would never see the day I could leave that office completely happy! Yay!

There was much discussion about how I'm doing on the PARP inhibito/Zejula/immunotherapy. My bloodwork is holding up beautifully! I've had a lot of nausea, little appetite, and had another violent vomiting episode just the night before appointment. Looks like immunotherapy is effecting my stomach lining a little like the chemo did. But I have a lot of anxiety issues and that's greatly contributing to daily nausea. They strongly encouraged me taking my Xanax during the day when I'm not feeling well. I said I would.

I learned something new about anxiety recently. I never walk around thinking or saying I feel anxious. But I discovered during chemo that the best anti-nausea for me was the Xanax. Take a small dose and in 20 minutes I'm not nauseous anymore and have an appetite. So I finally Gogbled it..."nausea and Xanax." Well, it turns out there is this thing they call the Gut-Brain Axis. It's an autonomic bidirectional communication system between your gut and brain. Billions of neurons and neurotransmutters in constant communication and effecting each other - all without your thought or input and completely outside your control! So, gut issues - including nausea, stomach lining, and constipation - can be caused by anxiety and vice versa! So, it's neither my fault or just my imagination that one is effecting the other! That makes me feel better!

And then the icing on the cake! When I was at doctor's office my CA125 number had not come in, A few hours after I got home it did! Holy Moly it was 17! Most of you know I hate that CA and it was determined that stupid thing is not considered a good indicator for me. During chemo it fluctuated in the 20's and 30's and never was in the teens! I'm not going to "bet the farm" on this newest number was it was fabulous to see it drop! It sure is going to make it easier to swallow those Zejula pills every night! 

That's my news, Ladies! Thank you sooooo much for all your love and support throughout my diagnosis & treatment! It has meant the world to me!

❌⭕️❌⭕️, Alicia

Alicia, You Are So Deserving!

I am so very, very, very HAPPY for you!

XOXO back at you, and thank you for always being so supportive.

CoolDeb

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Woo Hoo!  So happy to read

Woo Hoo!  So happy to read your good news Alicia!

Jan

• Dak82
    Dak82 Member Posts: 109 Member
    So great to hear!

Alicia I'm so happy to hear your wonderful news--made my evening. I'm getting a CT scan Tuesday to see if something more nefarious than lung inflammation due to the Keytruda (even though I haven't taken it in 7 weeks since starting the dostarlimab). I'm sure we will see disease status as well and my fingers are crossed that there has been no new growths since the X-ray a month ago.

Enjoy the happy times--you deserve it! I love reading about your research--and I had to laugh at "Gogbled" since I type on my cell phone and it's a challenge to catch all my typos!

Hugs and happy kisses!

Deb

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Dak82 said:

So great to hear!

Alicia I'm so happy to hear your wonderful news--made my evening. I'm getting a CT scan Tuesday to see if something more nefarious than lung inflammation due to the Keytruda (even though I haven't taken it in 7 weeks since starting the dostarlimab). I'm sure we will see disease status as well and my fingers are crossed that there has been no new growths since the X-ray a month ago.

Enjoy the happy times--you deserve it! I love reading about your research--and I had to laugh at "Gogbled" since I type on my cell phone and it's a challenge to catch all my typos!

Hugs and happy kisses!

Deb

Deb,

Deb,

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I pray your scan comes back with great news.... Thanks for keeping us informed on your progress.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi