It's been about 17 months since Ron50 was on the chatroom

beaumontdave
beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

Has anyone heard from him. He always said that the ''other'' things healthwise, and fallout from his treatment, were what would get him, at some point. The hard part of these virtual connections is that so many simply fade away, some  a sign of successful treatment and a ''getting back to 'regular' life''. Others just end, without finality or understanding, just gone. I hope Ron's fine, but after being consistant for a very long time,until now, I'm left to wonder..................................................Dave

Comments

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    edited June 2021 #2
    Trubrit said:

Also....

Joan M and Butt. Mojo has not visited the site since April, but at least she has assured us that someone would post, if the worse came to worst. 

This is one thing that I have always hated about being on the forum. Losing our friends, and worse still, not knowing. 

I have had help in the past from the mods, but understand that they have to follow certain privacy rules. 

I just wish there were a safe place or person, members could share their real world names with, and then at least, we could go searching on the web -  Edit: I would happily be that person, if anyone wants to Personal Message me via CSN contact.

I searched for months, years actually, for a member called LOUSWIFT. The last I heard, Cancer had spread to the brain. While I am 99.9% sure he passed, just knowing 100% would ease my mind.  

Well, there you go.  We may never know about Ron, unless he pops up again. Same with Joan M and Butt. 

Tru

For me the not knowing

I do agree with you. I unfortunately just assume the worst. When I look for people with similar disease as my dad cause I read the post and no one was online for months or years, I just assume he/she did not make it. It is then even more discouraging. But I appreciate when members pop up here and there,long term survivors and giving hope for the people still fighting. 

I do hope that all people you mentioned are still here, you know them better than me, but even if they are not, I hope it was not painful.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited June 2021 #3
    Also....

Joan M and Butt. Mojo has not visited the site since April, but at least she has assured us that someone would post, if the worse came to worst. 

This is one thing that I have always hated about being on the forum. Losing our friends, and worse still, not knowing. 

I have had help in the past from the mods, but understand that they have to follow certain privacy rules. 

I just wish there were a safe place or person, members could share their real world names with, and then at least, we could go searching on the web -  Edit: I would happily be that person, if anyone wants to Personal Message me via CSN contact.

I searched for months, years actually, for a member called LOUSWIFT. The last I heard, Cancer had spread to the brain. While I am 99.9% sure he passed, just knowing 100% would ease my mind.  

Well, there you go.  We may never know about Ron, unless he pops up again. Same with Joan M and Butt. 

Tru

• Trubrit
    February

I just checked Ron's profile, and it seems he visited the forum in February but didn't post.  So, hopefully he is doing something exciting. 

Did you send him a message via CSN? 

Tru

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    I wish he would post.  Miss

I wish he would post.  Miss hearing from him and his updates on how life is going.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Trubrit said:

February

I just checked Ron's profile, and it seems he visited the forum in February but didn't post.  So, hopefully he is doing something exciting. 

Did you send him a message via CSN? 

Tru

That Was February, 2020 Tru

When I looked the other day I did the same thing, then realized it was 2020.  

• Trubrit
    edited June 2021 #7
    NewHere said:

That Was February, 2020 Tru

When I looked the other day I did the same thing, then realized it was 2020.  

Oh my goodness!

Thanks for pointing that out - I think - New.  For a moment I was quite relieved, now I'm just sad. It is not like him to be away so long. I fear the worst. 

Tru

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited June 2021 #8
    Trubrit said:

Oh my goodness!

Thanks for pointing that out - I think - New.  For a moment I was quite relieved, now I'm just sad. It is not like him to be away so long. I fear the worst. 

Tru

I know, me too

It seems like he had just posted in my mind.  The whole lost year of Covid has totally thrown me off.  

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    edited June 2021 #9
    I tried to find him a few

I tried to find him a few months ago.  I realized that Ron is 70, even though his name says Ron50 so there are so many possibilities.  He's been on the site a long time.  I couldn't find him in "real life" anywhere.  He really was consistent so it's hard not knowing if he just needed a break or something happened.  He has a lot of health issues aside from cancer, poor guy.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    I've posted threads on here and he never responded, plus I've sent him private messages and still no word.  He always would check in from time to time, but haven't heard from him at all.  I'm hoping that he is doing okay.  Think he lived in Australia, but not sure.

Kim

• Trubrit

I've posted threads on here and he never responded, plus I've sent him private messages and still no word.  He always would check in from time to time, but haven't heard from him at all.  I'm hoping that he is doing okay.  Think he lived in Australia, but not sure.

Kim

Yes

He was in Australia, but I don't know if he ever told us where.  

So sad not to be hearing from him. So sad that we may never know why. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    edited June 2021 #12
    Trubrit said:

Yes

He was in Australia, but I don't know if he ever told us where.  

So sad not to be hearing from him. So sad that we may never know why. 

Tru

Family

Never remember him talking about any kids, but he did have an ex wife, so I'm sure she wouldn't let us know if anything happened to him.  Sad that  we don't have someone that could give us an update. 

Kim

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021 #13
    Have searched

I have searched and searched the internet, but without more details, I can't come up with anything reliable.

Australia is such a massive area to search.  Does anyone ever remember him saying any specific area?  

If anyone has any other details I will be glad to keep looking.

Marie who loves kitties

• Trubrit
    edited June 2021 #14

Have searched

I have searched and searched the internet, but without more details, I can't come up with anything reliable.

Australia is such a massive area to search.  Does anyone ever remember him saying any specific area?  

If anyone has any other details I will be glad to keep looking.

Marie who loves kitties

Searching

I have also been searcing.  A couple of near misses, but not half close enough.

I do believe there was a message where he mentions a town, but I can't remember.  

Tru

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Trubrit said:

Searching

I have also been searcing.  A couple of near misses, but not half close enough.

I do believe there was a message where he mentions a town, but I can't remember.  

Tru

Queensland is as close as I can get

I went back thru old posts and he does mention the state of Queensland when there were bad hurricanes there.

Going thru those posts was very disheartening, as there were so many from folks I know have lost their battle with cancer.

Marie who loves kitties

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    looks like he lived in

looks like he lived in Nambour, queensland, australia from this post he wrote in 2011. in another post he wrote he said his brother was in Brisbane

Hi everyone,most of you in various countries have seen pictures of the flood crisis in the Australian state of Queensland. I live in the S.east corner of the state and for the most part we have had an enormous amount of rain but have so far been lucky to have only minor flooding. That has changed in the last two days ,Nambour , where I live has had around 16 inches of rain in the last two days.It has fallen on already sodden ground and we are flooded. Even so our flood is minor ,the city of toowoomba which sits on top of a range behind our capital ,Brisbane ,received 4 inches in an hour. The local creeks have burst their banks and the main street has become the river. Cars by the dozens were swept away ,some full of people, there have been some miraculous rescues but the flood has fallen off the range and swept away whole communities. As I write the death toll stands at 8 with another 72 missing. The water is now heading toward Brisbane. It is supposed to be protected by the flood mitigating properties of Wivenhoe and Somerset dams on the Brisbane river,unfortunately both dams are at 150percent capacity and the flood gates are wide open to ensure the integrity of the dams. Brisbane is expecting it's first peak tomorrow and the authorities have ordered the evacuation of nearly 5000 properties and businesses. Two towns to the north ,gympie and Maryborough are mostly underwater and still the rain is falling. It may stop tomorrow afternoon .we are hoping. There you go Kathi and Mags I promised to keep you posted , I just wish it was better news. Ron.

• Trubrit
    I found this post

From January 27th 2020  - He was talking about the devestating fires they had over there, last year.  

I live up in Queensland. We actually were one of the first of the states to catch fire backin September last year. ....... I lived for ten years in the Australian Capital Territory. It is part of southern NSW. I worked in the department of defence on rolling shift work. I spent a lot of time travelling, bushwalking ,fishing and skindiving in some of thw worst devastated areas.

Here is the link to the thread https://csn.cancer.org/node/321172

Without a surname, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. 

We will find you Ron, hopefully when you come and post and see what havoc you are causing, by staying away too long. 

Fingers crossed. 

Tru

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    Trubrit said:

I found this post

From January 27th 2020  - He was talking about the devestating fires they had over there, last year.  

I live up in Queensland. We actually were one of the first of the states to catch fire backin September last year. ....... I lived for ten years in the Australian Capital Territory. It is part of southern NSW. I worked in the department of defence on rolling shift work. I spent a lot of time travelling, bushwalking ,fishing and skindiving in some of thw worst devastated areas.

Here is the link to the thread https://csn.cancer.org/node/321172

Without a surname, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. 

We will find you Ron, hopefully when you come and post and see what havoc you are causing, by staying away too long. 

Fingers crossed. 

Tru

he lived in nambour

Nambour General Hospital | Queensland Health

plus there is a nambour locals facebook page if someone wants to post there

also his description of his bedroom in 2011

my bedroom wall is ten foot underground (built in the side of a hill)and termites have come through twice with the water so there is a lot of termite mud in the walls and it stays damp . The walls turn black and I have to use a lot of exit mold.

• Annabelle41415
    edited June 2021 #19

he lived in nambour

Nambour General Hospital | Queensland Health

plus there is a nambour locals facebook page if someone wants to post there

also his description of his bedroom in 2011

my bedroom wall is ten foot underground (built in the side of a hill)and termites have come through twice with the water so there is a lot of termite mud in the walls and it stays damp . The walls turn black and I have to use a lot of exit mold.

Wow

Don't remember this post, probably because it was so long ago.  That would be terrible to be in that condition.  Hope he is okay.

Kim

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2021 #20
    A possible lead on Ron50

I normally post on the Uterine Board but read here occasionally since my father died from colon cancer many years ago and I was diagnosed with Lynch Syndrome after my surgery. I've read a number of Ron50's posts over the past few years and, like many of you, feared the worst when he stopped posting in 2020.

So I looked through a lot of his old posts and found a few pieces of information that led me to identify a person in Nambour who seems to fit the bits of information I found. Earlier today I sent an email to the person who I believe is his son. I hope to hear back from him soon one way or another.

I have looked, but did not find a death notice under the name I identified. So I'd prefer to not share the name here in case I'm mistaken. I'll keep you posted on what I learn.

• Trubrit
    cmb said:

A possible lead on Ron50

I normally post on the Uterine Board but read here occasionally since my father died from colon cancer many years ago and I was diagnosed with Lynch Syndrome after my surgery. I've read a number of Ron50's posts over the past few years and, like many of you, feared the worst when he stopped posting in 2020.

So I looked through a lot of his old posts and found a few pieces of information that led me to identify a person in Nambour who seems to fit the bits of information I found. Earlier today I sent an email to the person who I believe is his son. I hope to hear back from him soon one way or another.

I have looked, but did not find a death notice under the name I identified. So I'd prefer to not share the name here in case I'm mistaken. I'll keep you posted on what I learn.

This is good news

You are wise not to share the name. Thank you for your caution. 

Tru