Update

Steve.Adam
Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
edited May 2021 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi All,

It's quite a while since I've visited here.

My kidney cancer follow ups have all been NED so far so that's great after 4 years.

For the past year I've had recurring troubles with kidney stones which is starting to get annoying.  They are uric acid stones so may be preventable.  

Two weeks ago I had a prostate biopsy and got the result yesterday while I was at the hospital getting my latest kidney stone dealth with.  And the result is that I have prostate cancer.  It is low grade and found early so it is a lot less scary than kidney cancer.

So I guess now is a good time to go and introduce myself on the prostate cancer forum.

Steve.

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Second Rodeo

Got the Ptostate biopsy results on August 1, 2019. Surgery on 9/30/2o19. If that were not rnough, I had my Galllbladder out 80 days later on New Years Eve.

icemantoo

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    not great, but-

I mean, it's not great about your prostate, but blessings that you found it early. Plus you already got past RCC so you know you'll beat this one, too. 

Congrats on your NEDs. Keep it going!

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    Sorry for second cancer,but

Sorry for second cancer,but usually 1 stage never comeback

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    edited May 2021 #5
    Hi Steve

Oh so sorry for this news. Icemantoo has been on this road so you are not alone. I'll be praying for good outcomes...