19 Years Later!

Lisa Rose
Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member

Hello CSN Friends!

Just wanted to share hope and inspiration to anyone starting this journey.

My surgery was 19 years ago today! Diagnosed Stage 3C Rectal Cancer with 10 positive Lymph Nodes at age 40.

Looking back I remember how scared I was as I had a young son age 10. Now my son is all grown up and getting married this summer. I am blessed!

Just remember this disease is treatable and beatable!

So on this first day of spring I now start my 20th year in remission.

With Love, Lisa Rose

Comments

• Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Wonderful

Congratulations and how wonderful. Your coment and those from other long term survivors are what keeps me going. God bless you all.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Congratulations!

Start planning a wonderful 20th anniversary treat for this time next year.  

Tru

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2021 #4
    Phenomenal!! Thanks for

Phenomenal!! Thanks for bringing that history back here, as I'm sure so many need to hear such first-hand stories like that....................................................Dave

• BerniceOB
    BerniceOB Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2021 #5
    Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing this!  My husband has been newly diagnosed in December and I've had many sleepless nights.  I saw your comment this morning and it was just what I needed to hear to get mine and my husband's spirits up.

• DanNH
    DanNH Member Posts: 184 Member
    Thats Just Awesome!

There are no words to describe my happiness for you!

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Congratulations

Congratulations.  That is inspirational.

• Diane_K
    Diane_K Member Posts: 84 Member
    Wonderful!  I'm so happy for

Wonderful!  I'm so happy for you and hope many people are inspired by your story.  I am stage four colon cancer and have scans coming up late next month.  If my scans are clear I will be four years and three months in remission.

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2021 #9
    awesome!

awesome!

• sgold88
    sgold88 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Fantastic

This is a great story. Congratulations and what an insiring story to give positive thoughts to those having a tough time at the moment.

• ila123
    ila123 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #11
    I'm very happy for you!

I'm very new to this group and learning as much as I can about cancer. Your story is the first one I read. Congratulation to you!!!!! It is absolutely fantastic!! Thank you for giving hope. Stay healthy!! 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Congratulations! I have just

Congratulations! I have just passed my 5 year Ned mark.....there is hope for all.

• Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member

Congratulations! I have just

Congratulations! I have just passed my 5 year Ned mark.....there is hope for all.

Hi Canadian Sandy, where in

Hi Canadian Sandy, where in Canada do you live! Lisa in Mon NB

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Hi Lisa.....I live on the

Hi Lisa.....I live on the west coast in Vancouver BC. I've had Colon, kidney and face cancer all since 2008. I'll be 80 this year and just had a cataract removed. I have been very blessed.

• suzycruise76
    suzycruise76 Member Posts: 163 Member
    Canada

I am just reporting as a third Canadian on this board. I live in Toronto,ON. Happy to be Canadian!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited April 2021 #16
    Awesome

Lisa, that is such wonderful news.  I'm so glad that you shared that successful story with us, and to hear that your son is all grown up and getting married.  You have much to be thankful for.  Please come back and let us know how you and your family are doing.

Kim

• Richardse
    Richardse Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #17
    Oh man, you are so lucky and

Oh man, you are so lucky and blessed! I am really happy to hear this kind of stories, when people who have actually once suffered of cancer, have overpassed it, and are living a wonderful life right now!

• bmorton
    bmorton Member Posts: 10
    Continuation

Thank you for providing such encouragement!

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Fabulous

What a great milestone!

I am at 9 years - it is so nice for new people on the site to see positives.

• Happygrand
    Happygrand Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021 #20
    Diane_K said:

Wonderful!  I'm so happy for

Wonderful!  I'm so happy for you and hope many people are inspired by your story.  I am stage four colon cancer and have scans coming up late next month.  If my scans are clear I will be four years and three months in remission.

What treatment did you receive

So great to read that you are doing well. What treatment did you receive for your cancer? I hope you get a good report from your scans.