Got my first dose!

2»

Comments

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2021 #22
    darcher said:

Not on the short list
    According to my oncologist last week, I'm too young and with no symptoms I'm not on any short list to get the vaccine. Good? I don't know. I've known a couple people who've had the dreaded covid-19. One, a while back said they got sicker than a dog for a couple weeks. Another from last week said she'd had it and it wasn't even as bad as the last flu she had. Also added that since she's now got the antibodies to it that being close to her would be a benefit. Maybe that was a ploy, lol.

Interesting, my Onc said that

Interesting, my Onc said that because it had been less than a year since my last treatment I could sneak in with the senior citizens, and she scheduled me to receive the shot just before they opened it up to diabetics and asthma victims sufferers.

• bmorton
    bmorton Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2021 #23
    abita said:

Were those people cancer

Were those people cancer patients? Glad that your friends are okay, but over half a million have died in this country, and also there are pople with long term effects. So I am happy to get my vaccine.

Vaccine

I am happy too.  Second round on Monday.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    bmorton said:

Vaccine

I am happy too.  Second round on Monday.

Awesome! It is aazing the

Awesome! It is aazing the huge weight that is lifted off shoulders once vaccinated. I will still take all precautions, etc, but, wow, it feels good to have this fear lifted a bit.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited April 2021 #25
    abita said:

Awesome! It is aazing the

Awesome! It is aazing the huge weight that is lifted off shoulders once vaccinated. I will still take all precautions, etc, but, wow, it feels good to have this fear lifted a bit.

I am counting down

Next Saturday, a little after 1 PM, I will have had two weeks since my second shot.  And once that happens, I will wear a mask, social distance from people and wash my hands.  But feel a little less concerned :)  

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited April 2021 #26
    Vaccine study

Safety and immunogenicity of one versus two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b2 for patients with cancer: interim analysis of a prospective observational study - The Lancet Oncology

In patients with cancer, one dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine yields poor efficacy. Immunogenicity increased significantly in patients with solid cancer within 2 weeks of a vaccine boost at day 21 after the first dose. These data support prioritisation of patients with cancer for an early (day 21) second dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine.

• abita

Vaccine study

Safety and immunogenicity of one versus two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b2 for patients with cancer: interim analysis of a prospective observational study - The Lancet Oncology

In patients with cancer, one dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine yields poor efficacy. Immunogenicity increased significantly in patients with solid cancer within 2 weeks of a vaccine boost at day 21 after the first dose. These data support prioritisation of patients with cancer for an early (day 21) second dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine.

That is encouraging. My city

That is encouraging. My city is still not open completely, but soon will be. This had me wondering how the vaccine worked in me. I will still probably be cautious for a while, but yeah, I was really wondering if it was working for me. I got the Pfizer, and the 2nd does exactly on day 21 as it said should do.

• grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2021 #28
    I had Covid back in November.

I had Covid back in November...(No Fun)  I don't plan on getting the vaccine.  I am a Stage IIIc Colon Cancer Survivor 2007.   Just found out that it has most likely metastisized to outside the colon near the resection sight.  Colonoscopy came back clear  See the colorectal surgeon Monday. Totally surprised.. Not sure what the protocol is except to open me up and see whats going on.  Any suggestions?  I am approved for Mayo Clinic AZ but they can't get me in until June or July.  They are working on trying to get me in sooner.  I live in Nevada and am not confident in the care here.

• abita
    Suggestions about the Covid

Suggestions about the Covid vaccine?