Promising news for serous cancer survivors

Maxster
Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member

Dana Farber Cancer Center has some good results in a Phase 2 trial for recurrent serous endometrial cancer.  I thought I would pass it along. This is their press release.  The research is in a clinical journal cited in the article for those who wish more detail.

https://www.dana-farber.org/newsroom/news-releases/2021/new-targeted-agent-achieves-impressive-response-rate-in-trial-with-patients-with-uterine-serous-carcinoma/

Comments

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Wow, that sounds like good

Wow, that sounds like good news for UPSC patients with recurrence. And, the side effects are pretty mild too.

Thanks for posting the article, Maxster!

Love,

Eldri

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Thanks for sharing Maxster.

Thanks for sharing Maxster. That is very promising!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2021 #4
    Thank you

Thank you for sharing, Maxster! It sounds very promising!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited March 2021 #5
    Thank you, Maxster!  UPSC

Thank you, Maxster!  UPSC (and a few other of high grades) is a small percentage of all endometrial cancers.  

But I am glad to see included at the end of the article:

Endometrial cancer is the most common gynecologic cancer and the sixth leading cause of cancer death in women in the United States. A report from 2020 American Cancer Society report found that endometrial cancer is one of the few cancers where survival in the United States has failed to improve since the 1970s.

we need to talk about the #CancerDownThere

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    edited March 2021 #6
    So encouraging. And it's an

So encouraging. And it's an oral drug too :)

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2021 #7

Thank you, Maxster!  UPSC

Thank you, Maxster!  UPSC (and a few other of high grades) is a small percentage of all endometrial cancers.  

But I am glad to see included at the end of the article:

Endometrial cancer is the most common gynecologic cancer and the sixth leading cause of cancer death in women in the United States. A report from 2020 American Cancer Society report found that endometrial cancer is one of the few cancers where survival in the United States has failed to improve since the 1970s.

we need to talk about the #CancerDownThere

Encouraging Potential Treatment Advance for Women with UPSC

Thanks, Maxster and NoTime.  We clearly could use something to start to move the needle on the endometrial cancer survival statistics you report above, NoTime.  I agree with the "we need to talk," hashtag, but we also need action, in the form of more research and innovative treatments.  And quite frankly there is some "talk" about endometrial cancer that I could do without.  For example, I can't tell you how many women I've come across in my more than two decades since diagnosis who reported that upon diagnosis, their doctors told them that endometrial cancer is a "good cancer" to have.  I submit that no cancer is a good cancer to have, and I can't help but wonder whether those type of comments bear some of the responsibility for the lack of improvement in survival statistics for endometrial cancer over the past 50 years.