Appt. last friday with oncologist

belsam
belsam Member Posts: 23

Had my year and 1/2 check up last friday the 8th.  The oncologist did bloodwork........he said it was perfect.  My CEA was 1.8.  He ck'd my Covid antibodies and they were 175.  Next checkup will be a PET scan at the 2 yr. mark.  One question, l still have phtom pains on the side(right) where they took my ascending colon.  Sometimes the pain is about 5.  The oncologist said it could be 3 things.......scar tissue, damaged nerves, or pain from my spine. He dismisses any cancer possibilites for the pain.........frustrating.  

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Congrats

1-1/2 years is great.  I have pain on my side (probably from damage from radiation).  But I also get pain on my left side where lung surgery now and again.  Probably scar tissue.  Also from ear surgery.  When was your last CT scan?  You can ask them to double check that one.  

• belsam
    edited January 2021 #3
    NewHere said:

Congrats

1-1/2 years is great.  I have pain on my side (probably from damage from radiation).  But I also get pain on my left side where lung surgery now and again.  Probably scar tissue.  Also from ear surgery.  When was your last CT scan?  You can ask them to double check that one.  

CT scan was June 2020

CT scan was June 2020

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited January 2021 #4
    Wonderful

That is wonderful news.  Enjoy the NED.

• belsam

Wonderful

That is wonderful news.  Enjoy the NED.

thxs !!

thxs !!

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    belsam said:

CT scan was June 2020

CT scan was June 2020

So Cool

Again, love seeing that.  :)

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited January 2021 #7
    What a pain

I think most of us experience some kind of pain - or niggles as I like to call them, resulting from the wars we have been through. 

I have an almost constant niggle from my liver ablation. It sitll scares me, and I'm SEVEN years out from it. You would think I would be used to it, but no, it screams Cancer in my ear, and sometimes I listen. 

I also have radiation damage to my hips, which is no fun. 

Still, keep an eye on your pain, and make sure it stays stable. If it gets worse, you definitely should have it looked in to. 

Congrats on the GREAT CEA results, and stay COVID & Cancer free. 

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited January 2021 #8
    Beats the alternative

I am almost four years out and still have pain on the opposite side of the surgery (the PA posits it could be cut nerves, the doctor won't offer an opinion).  Yeah, it could be my liver, it could be anything. For me, I just accept it as part of the deal.  It kind of helps for me to put my hand accross it when I sleep, but it does not make it go away.  Personally, I am happy to have any day I can get and over time I have learned to live with it.  I know that is not much of a consolation, but that is how I deal with it.