6 Years Ago Today: Warning Shot Fired By Cancer

NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

6 years ago today I opened up a scan report and there was a mention that "a neoplastic lesion cannot be excluded."

They were right Laughing

This is the earliest date from which I can start counting my cancer.  Two weeks later another scan indicated it was cancer.  Four weeks later biopsy.  Six weeks my surgery.

Comments

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    what a journey...

Would you mind sharing how you are doing now? I saw on your bio that you certainly have beaten some of those ugly little stats they give... gotta love that! 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
     You are one very caring

You are one very caring person! Even though you've been through so much your always willing to help others and encourage them. I'm praying that things will be better for you soon and thanks from the bottom of my heart for your wise words.

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2020 #4
    You are so amazing and a

You are so amazing and a strong fighter!  Keep up the fight.

I read you when first joining here and was like WOW!!!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited December 2020 #5
    The Dreadful Word

None of us will ever forget how that scenario played out, but we sure are glad that you are still posting and giving your thoughts, experiences and encouragement. 

Kim

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2020 #6
    More than a warning shot

You got told the same thing the rest of us did. You've got cancer! You beat it so that's a big plus. Congrats are in order. You're still here like the rest of us so that calls for celebration.  I'm having Crown Royal mixed with Pepsi, care for some? 

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Beat the Odds

That is our battle cry! You are a strong fighter and I am always amazed how you kept running and working out even while hooked up to chemo ! Hope you have a peaceful and joyous Holiday and New Year!

• worriedson714
    worriedson714 Member Posts: 333 Member
    Congrats

Congrats on 6 years your truely a inspiration I can't tell you how many times I tell my dad of your story when he feels down . So that he can see even if the odds aren't in his favor they can still be overcome with heart and fight and determination your living proof of that . 

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Congratulations

5 years ago I knew something was wrong, I just didn't know what. It took another two months to find out. I'm still here, glad you are too!

k