It is with great sadness I am posting Susan Rago's obituary.

EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

Our Queen of Cheese lost her battle with this d*mn illness. She fought so hard but is now free from pain and in the arms of the angels.

https://www.ramsaygroupfs.com/obituaries/Susan-H-Harrow-Rago?obId=19303823

My heart is broken. 

Love,

Eldri

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    Very sad news

CheeseQueen57 fought through so many setbacks during her battle with cancer it's hard to believe that she's gone. I know that I'll miss her presence and contributions to this board deeply. And while I can't imagine how her loved ones are feeling right now, my deepest sympathies are with them.

Thank you, Eldri, for letting us know that our dear friend is at peace.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited December 2020 #3
    Ouch

Oh, my heart.  I was so hoping things would turn back around for our cheese queen.  It is getting harder to say goodbye...

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2020 #4
    With deepest sympathy to the family

How simply awful it is to learn of dear CheeseQueen's passing.  Losing a light of your life at the Holidays is just too much.  Husband Angelo and Son Alex and future DIL Natalie please know Susan was a cherished friend and leader here among our tribe.  We shall miss her.  Blessings to you all.  In spirit, Susan will be watching over the upcoming nuptials with great pride and joy, and may memories of their many years of a loving marriage be a comfort to Angelo at this time.  Susan, your journey to everlasting peace is upon you.  Godspeed.  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    Do not go gentle into that good night

rage against rhe dying of the light... brave warrior that she was, may she now rest in peace. 

• Primavera
    Primavera Member Posts: 231 Member
    edited December 2020 #6
    So sad

I only came here in 2019, but got to know about her a little bit. I kept on praying that she could make it to that wedding in Italy. May she Rest In Peace. 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited December 2020 #7
    Eldri thank you for posting

Eldri thank you for posting this. RIP sweet Susan. You will be missed so much.

I hope her family knows how much she was loved and supported by all of us. And, I hope they can find comfort in their wonderful memories of her.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    This is what I posted on her

This is what I posted on her Facebook page:

"I am so sorry to hear about Susan's passing. She was an extremely valuable member of our CSN where we have followed her journey through her treatment, remission and recurrence of this monster. She was always ready to help a new member and give them the benefit of all she had been through. She so hoped she would be able to make it until next summer for the wedding in Italy.

She used the nickname CheeseQueen57 and even showed us a picture of her with her sash. We gently teased her that we now had a beauty queen in our midst.

Your wife and mother was a wonderful person! She will be so missed. Even though we never met in person, we become quite close on that cancer board and it's especially hard to lose someone so cherished as her. May she rest in the arms of the angels. Goodbye, my friend."

Love,

Eldri

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member

This is what I posted on her

This is what I posted on her Facebook page:

"I am so sorry to hear about Susan's passing. She was an extremely valuable member of our CSN where we have followed her journey through her treatment, remission and recurrence of this monster. She was always ready to help a new member and give them the benefit of all she had been through. She so hoped she would be able to make it until next summer for the wedding in Italy.

She used the nickname CheeseQueen57 and even showed us a picture of her with her sash. We gently teased her that we now had a beauty queen in our midst.

Your wife and mother was a wonderful person! She will be so missed. Even though we never met in person, we become quite close on that cancer board and it's especially hard to lose someone so cherished as her. May she rest in the arms of the angels. Goodbye, my friend."

Love,

Eldri

Beautiful sentiments

Eldri,

Thank you for sharing what you posted on her Facebook page. You've expressed our feelings so eloquently.

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    We've lost a shining star

CheeseQueen/Susan was such a shining star on this board.  I always marveled at how she was so willing to help anyone, even during the times she was going though her own major health challenges.  My deepest sympathy to her family and friends during this terribly difficult time.  Rest in peace, my dear Susan.  You will be greatly missed and always remembered.

Thank you, Eldri, for your beautiful Facebook post and for letting us know about this very sad news.

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2020 #11
    So sad

This is such sad news coming at an already sad time for me. My prayers are going up for her family. May she Rest In Peace.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited December 2020 #12
    I will

miss her so much.

there is a wonderful photo tribute at the funeral home site. 

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2020 #13
    So sorry to hear about Susan

So sorry to hear about Susan's passing. My condolences to her family. I will miss her. 

• pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Ahhh

RIP Cheese, you helped me a lot in the beginning of my journey.
    Thanks Eldri for posting!

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    edited December 2020 #15
    Deeply saddened

Thank you for letting us know, Eldri. I'm so very sad to see this news and will miss CQs presence here. She contributed so much to all of us, what a good heart.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    Thank you so much for posting

Thank you so much for posting, Eldri.  

Our dear, spirited friend!  I will miss her.  A little piece of me dies as well when we lose a loved one to this beast.  My prayers are with her family.  

As I am sure we will always remember our beautiful friend:

CheeseQueen57's picture

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 962 Member
    So sorry to hear about Susan

She was an inspiration.  Condolences to her family and friends.  She will be so missed.  RIP.

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2020 #18
    Such sad news

While I only knew her through postings in the last year, she was a fighter and inspiration.  I so wanted her to make that wedding in Italy.  I think she will be there looking down on all her loved ones.  May she finally find peace.

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    She was such a wonderful

She was such a wonderful mainstay of our community, always supportive, always forthcoming with helpful guidance, even with all that she was facing.  So sad she is gone.

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    edited December 2020 #20
    I am so sad to hear Susan

I am so sad to hear Susan passed. She was so brave in all her cancer struggles, and was an inspiration to me and many others on this board. Condolences to her family - she was so proud of all of you and loved you all very much.

I'm sorry she won't physically be there for the Italy wedding, but I know she will be there in spirit.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited December 2020 #21
    Deeply Sadden

I wasn't on for a few days and am deeply sadden to hear of Susan.  Thank you Eldri for letting us know.  Heartbreaking.    

No words