Bidet

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

I'm thinking of purchasing an adapter to my toilet instead of purchasing a bidet toilet which can run up to $1,000.  I'm not sure if it would work for me in every situation as sometimes I've got the runs, sometimes it's like mud, especially when an accident happens.  Going up to 15 times a day sometimes will use a lot of toilet paper, and I'm tired of buying it in bulk and then stopping up the toilet because of using to much.  Geez, what we don't talk about on these boards ;)  Can anyone recommend one that is good and fairly easy to install.  Also, does the cold water just take you by surprise and make you want to jump off the toilet?  I'm not looking for a spray nozzle as that seems like it could spray everywhere.  Anyway, any input with suggestions and features would be much appreciate.  There are so many different ones with options on what they can do I'm not sure what is good or not.  Thanks!

Kim

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    Yes

I have been using a Bidet for years.  I have a very inexpenisve one I purchased from Amazon.  It was a doddle to install, and even though it was cheap, I have never had any problems with it, and it is still working well. 

As for the cold water, yes, it is a bit of a surpise, but it is quite refresing. I wouldn't have it any other way.  There are Bidets out there that hook up to warm water also. 

I use seperate towels for drying up, of course. 

It looks like the one I purchased ($24) is no longer available, so I cannot link that one, but there seem to be plenty of others. 

I think you will benefit from having one. 

Tru

• np22526
    np22526 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2020 #3
    Costco may be

We've been using one for about 6 months and got it from costco. Fairly easy to install and works great. You can adjust force with many settings.

https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-elite3-non-electric-bidet-attachment.product.100015777.html

Cold water is bit of problem specificly early morning. i've come across one from amazon with both settings  but havent tried 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713QKDYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_sXG1Fb29QATBR

Finally before you purchase just a note most of them work on all types but for single piece (the one with joint water tank) there are specific ones and these won't fit.

• Annabelle41415
    edited December 2020 #4
    np22526 said:

Costco may be

We've been using one for about 6 months and got it from costco. Fairly easy to install and works great. You can adjust force with many settings.

https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-elite3-non-electric-bidet-attachment.product.100015777.html

Cold water is bit of problem specificly early morning. i've come across one from amazon with both settings  but havent tried 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0713QKDYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_sXG1Fb29QATBR

Finally before you purchase just a note most of them work on all types but for single piece (the one with joint water tank) there are specific ones and these won't fit.

Hot Water Feature

Yes, it would be nice to have the hot water feature instead of the cold blast of water, however, I'd have to ask my husband about tying it into the hot water pipe which I'm not sure we can do as it is located in the vanity.  It's too bad it can't have it's own hot water supply tank on the side (I'm asking too much).  The accidents in the middle of the night are the worst as I'm not aware of it and it's usually such a mess a bidet, I'm sure, would help.  Thanks for the links.

Kim

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2020 #5
    Still that often?

I have a question.I was told that after colon cancer treatment bowl movements should return to normal, once or twice a day.  In my case it's been sporatic where on some days I don't go and others it's up there around 10. Recently there has been an uptic but not much and the Oncologist wants me to go in for another colonoscopy a year early even though the PET scan from a couple months ago came beack clean. Did I miss the memo that we're relegated to a future of high frequency toilet usage and needing to stock pile TP?  

Yeah, I think for those not familiar with the subject they'd think we're a bunch of weirdos discussing this, lol.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    darcher said:

Still that often?

I have a question.I was told that after colon cancer treatment bowl movements should return to normal, once or twice a day.  In my case it's been sporatic where on some days I don't go and others it's up there around 10. Recently there has been an uptic but not much and the Oncologist wants me to go in for another colonoscopy a year early even though the PET scan from a couple months ago came beack clean. Did I miss the memo that we're relegated to a future of high frequency toilet usage and needing to stock pile TP?  

Yeah, I think for those not familiar with the subject they'd think we're a bunch of weirdos discussing this, lol.

I have found...

that while Oncologist are very good at their job, they don't always know - or pass over - the long-term side effects.  There job is to keep us alive, and its not that they don't care about the side effects, but it is out of their realm, so they don't always absorb extra information from their patients. (OK, I am sure there are some wonderful Oncologist who do, so I shouldn't paint them all with the same brush)

So yes, long-term bowel issuses are DEFINITELY something that many, but not all, of us deal with. 

I am six years plus out from treatment, and my bowel issues are something I constantly try (try but sometimes not very hard) to control.  I KNOW what I personally have to do, to make things go smoother, but I don't always do those things. 

I think everyone of us - actually EVERYONE, as in CRC patients or not - should familiarize themselves with their ever constant or changing bowel habits. What works for you, won't work for me, and visa versa, so getting to know your own body is key. KEY I tell you. 

As an aside, during the whole TP shortage, I was sitting pretty - so to speak, as I never use toilet paper at home. 

reading on toilet emoticon    May we all have happy bathroom visits. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    edited December 2020 #7
    darcher said:

Still that often?

Bowels

My rectum was removed and a J-pouch made which is one of the reasons why my bathroom issues continue 12 years later.  My surgeon told me that my surgery and bowel problems are very common to what they did for me.  Oncologists treat many different types of cancer, but a colorectal surgeon deals with a specific type of cancer.  I'll never have a normal day again, but I've had the ostomy and then a reversal.  Neither one of the situations were a walk in the park, but both are just an everyday experience.

Kim

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020 #8

Hot Water Feature

Yes, it would be nice to have the hot water feature instead of the cold blast of water, however, I'd have to ask my husband about tying it into the hot water pipe which I'm not sure we can do as it is located in the vanity.  It's too bad it can't have it's own hot water supply tank on the side (I'm asking too much).  The accidents in the middle of the night are the worst as I'm not aware of it and it's usually such a mess a bidet, I'm sure, would help.  Thanks for the links.

Kim

accidents happen

I have found that a quick clean up  in the shower is better than anything else...I think it is easier too.  A bidet is great in general, but for other times a nice clean up shower can be very refreshing...and all the hot water you want!

Marie who loves kitties