What year and age dx?

What year were you diagnosed at, and at what age? What type of uterine cancer do you have?

Comments

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited November 2020 #2
    2015 at the age of 63. I have

2015 at the age of 63. I have UPSC - Stage II or III (incomplete staging) with - knock on wood, no recurrence.

Love,

Eldri

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2020 #3
    Sounds like a Roll Call!

March 2016, age 59. Endometrial adenocarcinoma, grade 3, stage 3a. I had genetic testing that showed I was negative for BRCAA 1 & 2, but positive for Lynch Syndrome. 

Treated with:

• open abdomen radical hysterectomy that pretty much gutted me, including removing connective tissue and a good part of my vagina.
    • 1 round Taxol/Carboplatin and then 5 rounds taxotere/carboplatin.
    • a 2nd pelvic wash surgery because the first was iffy for the presence of cancer cells.
    • 25 rounds of pelvic radiation (via 3D-CRT) and 5 rounds of a vaginal boost (basically brachytherapy delivered externally).
    • Megace (hormone therapy) for nearly 2 years that was started about a month after I finished radiation. I was 90% PR+ (moderate to weak) and was started on Metformin during chemo (reactivates and strengthens receptors), so I was a good candidate for this. Most gyn-oncs don't use Megace unless you are recurrent. Mine was an older doctor and tended to treat me with old-school practices for both this and saving radiation until after I had finished chemo (he felt radiation damaged blood vessels where you most want chemo to reach).

I also received B-12 shots prior to each of my last 5 chemo infusions to help with the severe neuropathy that I developed after the first infusion. I had to beg my primary doctor's PA in order to get that as well as Metformin. Thankfully, he had read the same studies I had about it; my primary doctor probably wouldn't have agreed to it because that was the way she was. (Fired her behind when I didn't need her signature for surgeries anymore) Between that and chilling, and also continuing to take oral B-12, the neuropathy has lessened to where it just makes it take longer to fall asleep at night, but I was able to stop using the ice slippers for the burning except for some nights.

I moved and had to change gyn-oncs in 2018 and my new doctor took me off of the Megace and doesn't monitor me for recurrence with any tests except for a pelvic exam. That took some getting used to, but so far, so good and I remain NED.

• Primavera
    Primavera Member Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2020 #4
    March 2019

at age 57. Endometrioid adenocarcinoma, stage 1a. Treated with brachytherapy. 

Diagnosed with breast cancer August 2020. Going through neoadjuvant chemo before surgery.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    edited November 2020 #5
    2018 67 serous endometrial intraepithelial carcinoma 1A

No treatmen,t 30 months NED

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited November 2020 #6
    I was diagnosed in May, 2015

I was diagnosed in May, 2015  at age 58, with UPSC stage 1A. Thankfully still NED. 

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2020 #7
    Yetti Dx June 2018. Age 57 now 58.

Hello. Fluff I was Dx in June 2018 Stage IV B figo 2. Endometerial cancer had 6 rounds  of carbo taxol aug - nov 2018. Had laproscopic robotic hysterectomy Jan 2019  then 3 more chemos with avastin  2nd opinion Cancer treatment centers of America  in Ga  last chemo March 29 2019    CTCA did ct and labs  and I was declared NEd  since April 2019  and still am  ? 1 yr 1/2  NED as of  oct 2020  

Official Dx. Adenocarcinoma of the endometrium.   Malignant neoplasm of the endometrium 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2020 #8
    49 years old. UPSC, stage 1A.

2012 - at 49 years old. UPSC, stage 1A. negative for Lynch, but plan on asking about HER2 and all the other things in a few weeks during my annual. Sandwich treatment of carbo/taxol-radiation (25 IMRT and 3 brachy)-carbo/taxol. 

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2020 #9
    cancers

Stage 3 BC, age 57;chemo and rads plus 5 years of tamoxifin; 76, 1A USPC,2016; recur VC 2017 and 2018,chemo, rads and surgery;2020 metastesis to peritoneam; am seeking no more treatment at 80.6 years old.

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2020 #10
    1999 at age 51

Surgical stage 1C, grade 2, endometrioid adenocarcinoma; diagnosed by gyn-onc as clinical stage 2B (gyn-onc never agreed with pathologist's staging, because he believed tumor had invaded the cervix).  Staging system was revised a number of years after my diagnosis, so that under current system I would be staged as 1B.  Radical hysterectomy, pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy, 25 extermal radiation treatments, and 2 days in hospital in isolation for internal radiation (which was the way internal radiation was done back then). 

• tinacap77
    tinacap77 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2020 #11
    Age 61 just completed round 2 chemo

Complete robotic hysterectomy including   cervix on 8/26/20 and 12 lymph nodes

Diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer Stage 3 C1 Grade 1 Adenocarcinoma due to cancer invaded uterine wall 90% and was found in 1 pelvic lymph node

i just completed round 2 of 6 rounds of chemo and am supposed to have both internal and external radiation. Will do research to make sure i should do both. Second opinion advise was in favor of doing internal only. 

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2020 #12
    tinacap77 said:

Age 61 just completed round 2 chemo

Complete robotic hysterectomy including   cervix on 8/26/20 and 12 lymph nodes

Diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer Stage 3 C1 Grade 1 Adenocarcinoma due to cancer invaded uterine wall 90% and was found in 1 pelvic lymph node

i just completed round 2 of 6 rounds of chemo and am supposed to have both internal and external radiation. Will do research to make sure i should do both. Second opinion advise was in favor of doing internal only. 

Criteria for radiation

This is a 2016 quote from MoeKay that helped me to understand some of the criteria for having radiation when I was struggling with that decision. 

"First, I had a deeply-invasive tumor, which had invaded more than 80% of the thickness of my myometrium.  Second, pathology determined that I had extensive lymph-vascular space invasion (LVSI), which is a significant risk factor for recurrence in endometrial cancer.  See: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959804915004463.  Third, my tumor arose in the lower uterine segment close to the cervix, which is another risk factor for local recurrence."

We all say that chemo treats systemically and radiation treats locally and can sometimes be saved for if there is a recurrence, but the three conditions above...myometrial invasion greater than 50%, LVSI, and origion of the tumor lower in the fundus (body) of the uterus....all weigh towards having radiation because it significantly reduces the odds of recurrence for those who have those criteria.

You don't say where your cancer originated in the uterus, but the 90% invasion and presence in a lymph node kind of push you into the should have it category.  I had all external radiation, but with a "vaginal boost" at the end instead of the brachy, you could ask about that option. I don't know for sure, but I think it did less vaginal wall damage than I've read other ladies having who had internal. How the radiation is delivered externally also matters because there are methods that are more focused to avoid surrounding organs than others. 

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited November 2020 #13
    June 2014

I was 58 years old. Dx with endometrial adenocarcinoma stage 1B grade 2. Recurred 4 times. Still fighting the fight!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited November 2020 #14
    July 2018, age 67 1a UPSC LVSI

two years NED. Also p53 mutation, negative for HER 2 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited November 2020 #15
    March 2012

With UPSC 1a at age 65.  Treatment surgery, brachytherapy, chemo. So far NED.

( I had the same kind of brachytherapy as Moekay.  It was the longest 2+ days of my life-flat on my back in bed in isolation with a Foley catheter.  I told the radiologist after the first day not to even think about being 1 minute late to take the thing out. Bless his heart, he showed up a few minutes early.)

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited November 2020 #16
    Sept 2005, Age 45

I was diagnosed in September 2005 after a "routine" hysterectomy.  I was 45 years old at the time.  Diagnosed with Endometrial Adenocarcinoma Stage 3A, Grade 2 at the time found in my uterus, cervix and left ovary.   They were unable to determine the primary, so they treated it as Ovarian.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2020 #17

I was age 57 when diagnosed in 2017 - endometriod endometrial adenocarcinoma Stage IVB Grade 2.  Had 1 round of Taxol/Carboplatin, 1 round of Carboplatin only, and 4 rounds of Taxotere/Carboplatin. We decided to reserve radiation for recurrence. NED so far 3 years, 1 month from end of treatment.

• Yeo
    Yeo Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2020 #18
    October 2019

Age 55, diagnosed October 2019 carcinosarcoma stage 3.c.1, 1 week later underwent radical hysterectomy, 2 weeks later started chemo. taxol/cabo.  3 rounds, then 28 external radiation treatments, then final 3 rounds  of chemo.,  finished treatment April 2020, 6 month following treatment scan NED.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2020 #19

Age 65 diagnosed with Stage 2c endometrioid adenocarcinoma. Starting 6 rounds of paclitaxel and carboplatin next week.

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    edited November 2020 #20
    2018, UPSC 1a (but isolated

2018, UPSC 1a (but isolated tumor cells found in one of the two sentinel nodes taken).  S/P carboplatin/taxol/trastuzumab, and IMRT pelvic radiation.  No recurrence thus far.  I was 57.

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    edited November 2020 #21
    2011, UPSC 1, Age 59

I was diagnosed in February of 2011 at the age of 59.  I had UPSC Stage 1 with 6 rounds of carboplatin and taxol and 3 rounds of brachytherapy.  No reoccurrence.