Finally Decided To Take Care of it.

Hello All,

Just wanted to inform the forum that I finally decided to do RP on September 24, 2020. Prior to surgery, biopsy showed 6 out of 12 cores positive with 3+3 Gleson 6. After RP pathology showed 2 3+4 Gleson 7.

The hardest part after RP was dealing with the cath for 7 days. After Cath was removed, I was prescribed sildenafil 20mg 1 take daily for 6 days and on the 7th day to take 5 tabs and try sexual activity for erection. I did and had 100% strong erection. This I am grateful for. Subsequently at week 2 after RP I tried Sildenafil 20mg, 1 tab and I also had erection about 95%. Tried on week 3 without Sildenafil and got erection about 80%. I tried 20mg 2 tabs and got 100% strong erection. I noticed a slight shrinkage in penis length, about hald an inch.

I do my kegel exercises 3 times a day, 10 squeezes per session but also do some when taking a shower. As for incontinence, I have thus far experienced no incontinence when asleep at night. I feel the urde to urinate and I wake up to pee. I am able to stop and start my pee as needed. My urine flow better now compared to before RP. I experence stress incontinence, about 2-3 drops when I laugh hard so I use a light pad as a precaution during the day. I have never used more than one pad per day. I will take my first PSA test post RP next week. Looking forward to a zero PSA result. I am pretty happy with my progress thus far.

Any advice on anything I need to do to recover faster will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 978 Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    Faster?

Hi,

From what you describe you are doing just fantastic!!  To have erections that quickly and just a little stress incontinence you sure beat me in my recovery.  Most RP folks heal for months if not a year or two before they plateau.  Sounds like you are doing all the right things with your Kegals, I still do mine five years later.  Hope future PSA tests are undetectable.  Keep on keepin on.

Dave 3+4

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Looks good to me

Congratulations. I admire the way you have lead your case since diagnosis. You serve as a good example to the new webies reading and looking for answers to their doubts in the forum.
    I hope you get remission levels in your PSA test.

Here are the links to your story;
    https://csn.cancer.org/node/319793
    https://csn.cancer.org/node/322029

Best wishes,
    VG

• MK1965
    MK1965 Member Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2020 #4

Restored1,

Your recovery is extremely fast at speed of light.

No need to worry about any. 
    I am just wondering how old are you?
    MK

• LBS
    LBS Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #5
    PSA

Has anyone any experience with PSA levels decreasing?

• Restored1
    Restored1 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2020 #6
    MK1965 said:

Restored1,

Your recovery is extremely fast at speed of light.

No need to worry about any. 
    I am just wondering how old are you?
    MK

Thanks. I'll be 56 on

Thanks. I'll be 56 on November 5th.

• Restored1
    edited October 2020 #7

Great update

Great update.  Sounds like you are weathering the side effects with ease.  Hope all of that continues and best wishes on your PSA.

Yes indeed, I'm super pleased

Yes indeed, I'm super pleased with my progress thus far. All my fears and concerns are defeated. looking forward to a zero PSA test result 

• Restored1
    edited October 2020 #8

Faster?

Hi,

From what you describe you are doing just fantastic!!  To have erections that quickly and just a little stress incontinence you sure beat me in my recovery.  Most RP folks heal for months if not a year or two before they plateau.  Sounds like you are doing all the right things with your Kegals, I still do mine five years later.  Hope future PSA tests are undetectable.  Keep on keepin on.

Dave 3+4

Tha Dave!

Tha Dave!

• Restored1
    edited October 2020 #9
    Restored1 said:

Tha Dave!

Tha Dave!

Thanks Dave!!!

Thanks Dave!!!

• Restored1
    edited October 2020 #10

Looks good to me

Congratulations. I admire the way you have lead your case since diagnosis. You serve as a good example to the new webies reading and looking for answers to their doubts in the forum.
    I hope you get remission levels in your PSA test.

Here are the links to your story;
    https://csn.cancer.org/node/319793
    https://csn.cancer.org/node/322029

Best wishes,
    VG

Thanks VG!

Thanks VG!

• Restored1
    edited October 2020 #11

Great update

Great update.  Sounds like you are weathering the side effects with ease.  Hope all of that continues and best wishes on your PSA.

Many thanks Lightwood!!!

Many thanks Lightwood!!!

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
    edited October 2020 #12
    Great update