Three

Armywife
Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
edited October 2020 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Dear sisters:

Today I picked up the results of my CT scan which marked three years since the end of treatment for Stage IVB, Grade 2 endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma.  Before I began to post tonight, I went back and read my first post here (Feb of 2018 after reading every post on this site beginning in April of 2017 when I was diagnosed.)  Then I read the posts I wrote on my first and second anniversaries of the end of treatment - but more importantly, I read the comments, and I feel so bittersweet and loved and happy and sad sitting here tonight on my sofa.  There are a lot of ladies - who were so dear to all of us - who are gone, but their sweet faces on their profile pictures remain.  So many new ladies to love as well.  So many I haven't seen active on the board here for a while and I wonder how they are.  So many of you who are here regularly, cheering us on, supporting, researching, sharing information and advice and victory and pain.  This board is so valuable and precious to me.  YOU are all so dear to me.  Thank you for just knowing for real how this journey feels.  What a comfort. What an unexpected grace here in the land of the club nobody wanted to join.

I'm amazed to report to you that my scan showed NED again.   I have the pelvic exam in a couple of weeks to monitor for local recurrence.  Had a colonoscopy two weeks ago that also showed NED.  It's truly a miracle from a merciful God to this very undeserving woman. I'm praying for all of us, and so thankful to be here to do it.  

Wendy

Comments

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    Just amazing,  and I wish you

Just amazing,  and I wish you many more.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited October 2020 #3
    Wendy, I am so happy to hear

Wendy, I am so happy to hear your news and celebrate another year behind you.  

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2020 #4
    Happy for you!

I'm so happy to hear you are still NED. Three years is an important milestone with this disease. Way to go!!!

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2020 #5
    Love seeing this!

Dear Armywife,

Love seeing this news! So wonderful! It is so encouraging for all of us to see that you can survive and thrive!

Hugs,

Alicia

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited October 2020 #6
    That a girl!

Best news ever!!!!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    edited October 2020 #7
    Congratulations Wendy

What a beautiful and emtional way to inform us of your good news.  I pray for many more years of NED

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2020 #8
    Yay.  I'm so happy for you,

Yay.  I'm so happy for you, may you continue on this path forever .  Thank you for you kind words to me when I post, your knowledge and kindness are always welcome.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited October 2020 #9
    Congrats Wendy! Such

Congrats Wendy! Such wonderful news. So happy to be able to celebrate with you today.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited October 2020 #10
    Good news indeed!

Wendy,

I know that this past year has been difficult for you as you've been dealing with retirement issues and the move to a new home in a different state. That's a lot for anyone to handle, especially during this pandemic. So this scan result must be especially pleasing for you and your family right now.

And it's so encouraging for others to know that remission is possible, even for those diagnosed with Stage IVB. Thank you for sharing this great news and I hope the remainder of the year is more peaceful for you than it's been recently.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    What fantastic news!

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing!

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Need this

I'm sitting here in tears after responding to Donna Faye's post. Boy, did I need to hear this happy news!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    edited October 2020 #13
    Wendy, I'm thrilled to hear this fabulous news!

This is the best possible news!  You and your family have to be on Cloud Nine after getting these reports!!  Wishing you many, many more years of great test results and good health!! 

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    Alli can say is Woo Hoo!

The best news! I celebrated two years NED this week, (no scans, just exams, bloodwork, a CA125 of 6 for the 4th time), so I love to celebrate our anniversaries.  

xoxo

Denise

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited October 2020 #15

Alli can say is Woo Hoo!

The best news! I celebrated two years NED this week, (no scans, just exams, bloodwork, a CA125 of 6 for the 4th time), so I love to celebrate our anniversaries.  

xoxo

Denise

And more good news...

Denise,

Congrats on reaching the two-year milestone! Each one of these important dates that we reach is cause for celebration.

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member

Alli can say is Woo Hoo!

xoxo

Denise

Congratulations

What great news! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

• Primavera
    Primavera Member Posts: 231 Member
    Congratulations!

Wishing you many more of these. Every one of these great news help newbies hope some more, so thank you for sharing.

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited October 2020 #18

Alli can say is Woo Hoo!

xoxo

Denise

Great News!

Bluebird I'm so happy to hear this great news!!

• Molly110
    Molly110 Member Posts: 191 Member
    Wonderful!

Congratulations! This is such happy news. 

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Congratulations!

Congratulations!

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Such wonderful news

This is such happy news, Armywife. I watch your journey closely, as I'm the same stage and began my journey about 8 months after you began yours. I'm so happy for you!