Anyone hear about corn and cancer?

abita
abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

I have been craving corn. Deep cravings! I believe that sometimes your body craves food that has nutrients you are missing. So did some googling and foundand found articles that corn has inositol hexaphosphate which fights colon cancer. Has anyone heard this before? 

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited August 2020 #2
    No

I've not heard of a corn craving before, but it's not unusual for people to get cravings for something.  During treatments, watermelon and windmill cookies were my "go-to", have no clue why those two things and can't think of a single thing that would benefit me, but just sounded really good.  If it sounds good to you, then eat it.  Your corn craving sounds much more beneficial and healthier than my windmill cookies LOL.

Kim

• abita

No

I've not heard of a corn craving before, but it's not unusual for people to get cravings for something.  During treatments, watermelon and windmill cookies were my "go-to", have no clue why those two things and can't think of a single thing that would benefit me, but just sounded really good.  If it sounds good to you, then eat it.  Your corn craving sounds much more beneficial and healthier than my windmill cookies LOL.

Kim

Not the corn craving :) that

Not the corn craving :) that it fights colon cancer  

My great grandfather used to take me to the corn fields and he would get me baby corn to eat. I think everyone should love corn!

• abita

No

Kim

like minds! I order

like minds! I order watermelon whenever the grocery that delivers has it. I don't always have the energy to prep it, but going to get on that and cardio in the off chance eating well and exercising will help this chemo go from keeping me stable to shrinking them

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited August 2020 #5
    Corn

I have not heard abou corn helping with the Colon Cancer, though I am sure that it is good for those who can diegst it. Sadly, when I eat whole corn, it comes straight back up. 

Thank you for the heads up. Maybe I will add more ground corn to my diet. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited August 2020 #6
    Trubrit said:

Corn

I have not heard abou corn helping with the Colon Cancer, though I am sure that it is good for those who can diegst it. Sadly, when I eat whole corn, it comes straight back up. 

Thank you for the heads up. Maybe I will add more ground corn to my diet. 

Tru

After my reversal a lot of things don't agree with me and corn is not easily digested for me since I've got so much removed.  Do love corn on the cob when it is fresh though.  We C/R patients really have to pay a price for things we enjoy once in awhile and then think "was it worth it" (sometimes "yes"). 

Kim

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    Interesting about corn and

Interesting about corn and isonitol.  I have read some cancer patients take the supplement.  I had never heard of it before a few months ago.  So, yes eat the corn.  Here it is in season. My mom and I were going down the road the other day passing many fields of corn and she commented "Do you think we would get shot picking just enough corn for dinner." LOL

My mom makes skillet cream cprn and biscuits...Oh my, so good!

• abita

Interesting about corn and

Interesting about corn and isonitol.  I have read some cancer patients take the supplement.  I had never heard of it before a few months ago.  So, yes eat the corn.  Here it is in season. My mom and I were going down the road the other day passing many fields of corn and she commented "Do you think we would get shot picking just enough corn for dinner." LOL

My mom makes skillet cream cprn and biscuits...Oh my, so good!

My grandma made that when I

My grandma made that when I was a kid. So delicious! Hers was the only creamed corn I liked.