Catching Up with Good News

Amy_Jo
Amy_Jo Member Posts: 70 Member

Hi guys I have been away for sometime now. I had alot going on in my personal life. One can only handle so much. I was diagnosed 2/18. Had my kidney removed 3/18. Shortly after my cancer metastasized to lungs liver lymp nodes and spine. Causing me to have compression fractures at L spine and T spine. Along with 2 blood clots in my lungs. All 5 oncologist said my out look was not in my favor. They gave me 18 months if I was lucky they said. At my last scan I was rescanned. Terrified I knew this isn't good I went home and cried. My doctor called .e to come in the following week. As she held my hand tears streamed down her face, I dropped my head in defeat. She had a copy of my scans she asked me to read. No evidence of disease restaging. I went from stage 4 metastatic to no evidence of disease. All my organs lymph nodes liver lungs. All clear. My spine shows an inactive tumor no growth in 2 years last bone scan states new bone growth. My oncologist feels it's healing. I neve thought I would get to say that or experience it. I was started on keytruda/opdivo combo. I am currently still getting high dose of opdivo. It's been almost two and a half years I am surviving. I got to see my oldest daughter graduate high school. I live alone and take care of all my kids. I am so thankful. I wanted to say thank you to everyone that's reached out to me comforted me supported me. I was so scared when I first came here. Everyone was so kind. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    You deserve it

You deserve it

icemantoo

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2020 #3
    A BIG wow!

A rosier future to you.

Hugs,

donna_lee

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    Wonderful news!

Wonderful news!

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2020 #5
    I was so happy to re-find you

I was so happy to re-find you again today! I was going to come over here and say hi to everyone anyway, as it has been quite awhile since I've been on the cancer forums. Just needed a break from them, like everyone does. 

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Doing cartwheels!

Well...I'm really not, but I feel like it with this news!  Thank you for sharing the gift of happiness with all of us, Amy.

I pray for continued blessings for you and your family.

Stub

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited July 2020 #7
    NICE!

That is fantastic news and wonderfully inspiring. Congratulations! 

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 135 Member
    God bless you!

God bless you!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    Wonderful news Amy! I'm

Wonderful news Amy! I'm really happy for you.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Unbelievable!!!! So-so happy

Unbelievable!!!! So-so happy for you!!! These are the most fantastic news!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2020 #11
    Congratulations Amy, the

Congratulations Amy, the treatment is working and with a strong and durable response! So glad for you! 

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Yahoo!

Maybe not a cartwheel, but I bet I can manage a somersault when I go mow the lawn later. What a fabulous update to read, and what a great day to hear your news - we are all gathering in less than an hour to be mindful of everyone on this site in whatever way we wish to do that. Continued prayers for you - Take care -

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Great news

God is watching over you great news

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 614 Member
    Great news!

Thanks for sharing this is so encouraging!

• MarkDavid18
    MarkDavid18 Member Posts: 61
    Praise the Lord

This was the most amazing post. I am so happy for you and your children. God is so good. I am sorry I didn't see this sooner - I too have not been on this site in a long time. I pray that you will remain NED for many many years to come. Tears of joy for you. 

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    That is such a true blessing.

That is such a true blessing. God is good. Enjoy 

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I love reading good news like

I love reading good news like that. Truly happy for you!