Ketruda was approved

abita
abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

Does anyone know if this means unresectable with no mutations was included? Having studied a lot of math, the use use of "or" in this sentence means each of these types are treatable by keytruda. But, I do know, in general, math logic is not always used correctly in statements. But this is science so hoping! I mean, for me, it would be third line once irinotecan/erbutix stopped working, but this would be such a relief, because I didn't have any good options for third line treatment. 

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for intravenous injection for the first-line treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic microsatellite instability-high (MSI-H) or mismatch repair deficient (dMMR) colorectal cancer. "

Comments

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    edited July 2020 #2
    Have your onc order

Have your onc order foundation one testing.  Yours could have mutations now since you have been on chemo.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited July 2020 #3

Have your onc order

Have your onc order foundation one testing.  Yours could have mutations now since you have been on chemo.

i will, but I don't think I

i will, but I don't think I hae mutations as the drug I am on now only works for tumors that do not have mutations.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited July 2020 #4
    Interpretation

Commenting only on the sentence structure, I read this as saying, 

"Keytruda. . . for the first-line treatment of patients with

1. unresectable[;] or[,]

2. metastatic microsatellite instability-high (MSI-H)[;] or[,]

3. mismatch repair deficient (dMMR)

colorectal cancer.

But I often fail to understand the updated rules of grammar and sentence construction.