What do Mets to the back feel like?

jroby55
jroby55 Member Posts: 40

Hey guys,

I have scans coming up in the next couple of weeks so I'll find out for sure then but wanted to ask something here. I have been having some machines/stiffness in my midback and lower back when I get up in the mornings. The mid back is more recent (last few months) and maybe 2-3 times over the last several months has woke me up and been difficult to go back to sleep. Once i get up and moving it pretty much goes away completely on most days. Of course the first thought in my head is Mets so I was wondering what you guys think of that as a possibility. This was on my last scan but my doc wasn't concerned with it at all and said it's typical for the aging process. 

Bones and soft tissues: Chest wall soft tissues are unremarkable. There

are few stable indeterminate sclerotic densities in the lower thoracic

vertebral bodies with mild endplate degenerative changes.

Thanks for your help and hope you are al doing well!

Comments

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    My guess is that you are

My guess is that you are perfectly fine.  However, if you are having lots of back pain they would most likely do an mri of your spine.

My husbands pain from bone mets was constant.  It didnt come and go, and fluctuate in its intensity.  Narcotics helped a little, but not much.  Daily living was very difficult.

The good news is that there is treatment, and pain relief. His last bone met was in 2013.  

• jroby55
    edited June 2020 #3
    a_oaklee said:

My guess is that you are

My guess is that you are perfectly fine.  However, if you are having lots of back pain they would most likely do an mri of your spine.

My husbands pain from bone mets was constant.  It didnt come and go, and fluctuate in its intensity.  Narcotics helped a little, but not much.  Daily living was very difficult.

The good news is that there is treatment, and pain relief. His last bone met was in 2013.  

Hey A_Oaklee,

Hey A_Oaklee,

thank you so much for your response! It's very helpful and reassuring. That is amazing that his last bone met was in 13! How is he doing now? Is he able to function as he did before and do the things he enjoyed?

• a_oaklee
    a_oaklee Member Posts: 566 Member
    edited June 2020 #4
    jroby55 said:

Hey A_Oaklee,

Hey A_Oaklee,

thank you so much for your response! It's very helpful and reassuring. That is amazing that his last bone met was in 13! How is he doing now? Is he able to function as he did before and do the things he enjoyed?

Back to you

There is a new "normal" for him.  He cannot do all the things he used to do.  I know he occasionally feels frustrated, especially when i intervene to keep him off of a ladder or lifting something heavy.  He has a very great attitude, and enjoys what he is able to do.  He told me every day that he wakes up is a good day.  He is a positive person.  I try to learn from him.  

• jroby55
    edited June 2020 #5
    a_oaklee said:

Back to you

There is a new "normal" for him.  He cannot do all the things he used to do.  I know he occasionally feels frustrated, especially when i intervene to keep him off of a ladder or lifting something heavy.  He has a very great attitude, and enjoys what he is able to do.  He told me every day that he wakes up is a good day.  He is a positive person.  I try to learn from him.  

Thank you! I will be praying

Thank you! I will be praying for you guys!