Just had surgery for kidney cancer

Mmoses25
Mmoses25 Member Posts: 319 Member
edited May 2020 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi i had part of my kidney taken out I thought I had stage one come to find out I have stage 3 I'm worried sick about it my tumor was 4.1 centimeter I read something it don't sound good I'm being scan every three month it seams like forever I just need to talk to someone thanks

Comments

• Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    hi

Hi, I have the same situation, before stage 1, after the pathological analysis, stage 3. The size is the same as your 4.1 Fuhrman 2 but then changed to isup 3. Adjuvant therapy was suggested, but in the second opinion, they were advised only to observe and hope for God that there will be no recurrence.

• Mmoses25
    edited May 2020 #3
    Hi my doctor didn't even

Hi my doctor didn't even suggest the drug afterwards all he said was scans every three months and I said ok but the more I read the more I think I should of had the the drug to stop recurrance I don't know it's all scary

• Mmoses25
    edited May 2020 #4
    Just had surgery

Hi my doctor didn't even suggest the drug afterwards all he said was scans every three months and I said ok but the more I read the more I think I should of had the the drug to stop recurrance I don't know it's all scary

• Biner
    Depends on your path analysis

Depends on your path analysis what grade and pt3(a or b) what organ involve and sarcomatoid or not and etc

Yes its scary first time after you understand its new life 

• Mmoses25
    edited May 2020 #6
    Grade

Mine was grade 3 and the report said pt3a

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    That was me almost 18 years ago.

Takes a little getting used to.

icemantoo

• Mmoses25
    edited May 2020 #8
    Biner said:

hi

Hi, I have the same situation, before stage 1, after the pathological analysis, stage 3. The size is the same as your 4.1 Fuhrman 2 but then changed to isup 3. Adjuvant therapy was suggested, but in the second opinion, they were advised only to observe and hope for God that there will be no recurrence.

Hope all is well

I hope all is well with you how long have you had it 

• Biner
    Mmoses25 said:

Hope all is well

I hope all is well with you how long have you had it 

I'm two months post-surgery i

I'm two months post-surgery i also had partial nephrectomy 

• Biner
    edited May 2020 #10
    Mmoses25 said:

Grade

Mine was grade 3 and the report said pt3a

similar me 

similar me 

you can fill up your profile with info and path analysis 

• Mmoses25
    edited May 2020 #11
    icemantoo said:

That was me almost 18 years ago.

Takes a little getting used to.

icemantoo

Thank you

Thanks I needed to. Hear that encouragement 

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    edited June 2020 #12
    welcome mmoses25

Sorry you had to join us, but there are great folks on this forum here. We've all know what you're going through, so we know you're going to get through this. We're here for you if you have any questions or concerns or just want to vent. 

First off, congrats on getting through your nephrectomy. It wasn't easy, but you did it. So well done. 

But know that the mental part of your cancer journey can sometimes feels worse than the physical part. Scanxiety is real, and you will find yourself worrying and stressing about your scans. But don't be afraid of your scans. Stick to the schedule you and your doctor come up with. And hopefully you'll have a lifetime of NED scans ahead of you. 

We're with you. You've got this! 

• Mmoses25
    edited June 2020 #13
    eug91 said:

welcome mmoses25

Sorry you had to join us, but there are great folks on this forum here. We've all know what you're going through, so we know you're going to get through this. We're here for you if you have any questions or concerns or just want to vent. 

First off, congrats on getting through your nephrectomy. It wasn't easy, but you did it. So well done. 

But know that the mental part of your cancer journey can sometimes feels worse than the physical part. Scanxiety is real, and you will find yourself worrying and stressing about your scans. But don't be afraid of your scans. Stick to the schedule you and your doctor come up with. And hopefully you'll have a lifetime of NED scans ahead of you. 

We're with you. You've got this! 

Thank you

Thank you for the kind words I will reach out my first scan are almost here getting nervous thanks again

• Mmoses25
    edited June 2020 #14
    Just met with surgeon

Just met with my surgeon had a ultrasound done for pain everything was fine asked him about sutent he said if I wanted to take it I could a lot of side effects so I chose not to I did ask him if I would live long with this he said there was about a 5 percent chance that kidney cancer was the reason I died made me feel better

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited June 2020 #15
    so sorry you are going

so sorry you are going through this

what is the driver that is making yours stage 3

Annie

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    edited June 2020 #16
    so sorry you are going

so sorry you are going through this

what is the driver that is making yours stage 3

Annie

• Mmoses25
    Stage 3

Hi I'm stage three because it went into my fatty tissue 

• Biner
    edited June 2020 #18
    My surgeon said it's a very

My surgeon said it's a very rare small tumor less 5 cm grows to fatty tissue around the kidney, usually only fatty tissue better than the vein or sinus invasion some research compare to stage 2 only PFI, but grade 3 bad part. But not necrosis or sarcomatoid it's a good part. I saw just 1 person with the same diagnosis 

• Mmoses25
    Very rare

Yeah I hate it being a grade 3 

• Mmoses25
    Very rare

I'm going to half to talk to my surgeon because I could have swore he said. It grew into fatty tissue he said it was deep in my kidney and that's why it was stage 3 but he don't seam to worried about it I go to md Anderson cancer center he seams to be a very good surgeon but I'll talk to him in a couple of weeks that's when my first scans are