5 year test results

Clevelandguy
Clevelandguy Member Posts: 980 Member
edited May 2020 in Prostate Cancer #1

Hi all,

Just heard back from the doctor on my latest PSA test and for the fifth year it was undetectable.

My diagnosis:

PSA was monitored for several years and increased  .5 to 1 point every year to a point of about 6.1

MRI performed with 17ml multihance contrast fluid with suspicious areas

Biopsy:

Right base biopsy 80% involved  3+4 with perineural invasion

Left base biopsy 5% involved with3+4

Four other biopsy samples showed benign prostate tissue

The prostatic capsule appeard intact per the finding report

Had Davinci surgery in Sept. 2014 with just the gland removed, all the lymp nodes left intact

Took about 2 yrs. with gradual improvement to recover from the ED, still leak a drop or two of urine during heavly exercise or bending movements.  Used  20mg of generic Sildenafil for several months following surgery which I feel did help with both the Ed and leakage.

And the beat goes on according to that well know song........

Dave 3+4

Comments

• lighterwood67
    lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    Great news

Always glad to hear.  Press on.  Wish you many years of health after probably dealing this cancer a knock out blow.

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 372 Member
    edited May 2020 #3
    Great News

Great news, Cleveland.  I will toast your great news tonight with a glass or two of red wine.

• Clevelandguy
    Thanks

Thanks for the comments, only 12 more months until I get anxious again, LOL(next PSA test).

Dave 3+4

• MK1965
    MK1965 Member Posts: 233 Member
    Excellent

Excellent. Good to hear,  you are doing exceptionally well.

You helped many on this forum, myself included. 
    MK

• Georges Calvez
    Georges Calvez Member Posts: 547 Member
    Better than good result

Hi there,

That is a better than good result, five years with nothing on the radar and the chances that anything will ever appear on the PCa front are good.
    So kick off your shoes, put your feet up, maybe take a drink from rum to tea, watch a bit of tele, cuddle the wife, etc, etc.

Bests wishes,

Georges

• eonore
    eonore Member Posts: 174 Member
    Excellent

This is the kind of news we love to hear!

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Ditto

Congrats, Cleveland.  I have almost identical news:  I had my annual PSA check, and for the 5th year, undetectable.

My PSA never went above 4.9.    Gl 3+3.    After removal, gland was Stage II.   No numbers absolutly prove anything regarding gland status was my take-away from the whole experience.

• Clevelandguy
    Great news Max

Good to hear Max, hopefully many more undetectables to come over the years for both of us.

Dave 3+4

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Just wonderful

I am very glad for the news. I like to hear about remissions. Yours (Dave and Max) could represent cure after 5 years of stable PSA. Let's hope that the achievement is real.

Let's celebrate and drink more than the usual so we may drug the Covid-19 too.

Congratulations

VG

edited May 2020 #11

Just wonderful

I am very glad for the news. I like to hear about remissions. Yours (Dave and Max) could represent cure after 5 years of stable PSA. Let's hope that the achievement is real.

Let's celebrate and drink more than the usual so we may drug the Covid-19 too.

Congratulations

VG

Cheers !

Thank you, Vasco.  I know it is somewhat low-brow for your exquisite tastes, but I begin two days off today, and will have an extra Pabst Blue Ribbon.  PBR is a Miller Brewing prodct now, so it is perhaps available somewhere in Portugal.   It was traditionally a Southern US "redneck" brew until about 15 years ago, when it began making a comeback as a "Hipster" drink of choice, especially in music clubs around the US.   Sales are way up the last ten years especially.   A professor friend of mine spent a few years in Germany working on his degree (um Universatit Gottingen), and he said one of the teacher there told him that Pabst is viewed among many Germans as the closest to a genuine German lager.

I recall when I began reading the PCa Board, getting info for my late friend Gary.   You and Kongo were the obvious "masters."    I would give a six pack to know how Kongo is today, he was wonderful like yourself.

max

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Cheers

OK you convince me, Max. I will join you with a Blue Ribbon Lager. Then, ...   ... I will move on to my red Esporao to continue the celebration. I wonder what Dave likes, but I will join him too. And surely we will not be alone in these celebrations. Probably Georges will raise his G&T and Cushions his Uncle Teddy's Bitter, and so on and so on. Let's take the chance to drowning the sars virus with our pleasures.

Regarding Kongo, I would think that he too has celebrated his remission achievement. I recall he liked Madeira Port (for his wife's origin). Though we have no news from him, at least we can think him in good shape as now he stopped good diets preferring instead to stuff up on burgers and fries. If interested, you may try contacting him via his blog named "Travel Monkey - The Adventures of Kongo". His last entry was about the trip to Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden where he enjoyed taken pictures of Peacock’s Rear Ends. Lol

Here is the link; https://travel-monkey.net/

Best.

VG

• Clevelandguy
    Beer choice?

Hi All,

As far as beer choice, any will do except Corona(LOL).  Glad to have made it 5 yrs. hopefully many more will also be there in the future.

Vasco I took a look at Kongo's web travels, wow he has been some places. I'm waiting for my wife to retire so we can start hitting the road.  Two planned trips are hitting abandoned ghost towns out in the western US and also following the trail of explorers Lewis & Clark from St. Louis to Washington state. Hope all are well and dodging the Corona virus.

Dave 3+4

Beer choice?

Hi All,

As far as beer choice, any will do except Corona(LOL).  Glad to have made it 5 yrs. hopefully many more will also be there in the future.

Vasco I took a look at Kongo's web travels, wow he has been some places. I'm waiting for my wife to retire so we can start hitting the road.  Two planned trips are hitting abandoned ghost towns out in the western US and also following the trail of explorers Lewis & Clark from St. Louis to Washington state. Hope all are well and dodging the Corona virus.

Dave 3+4

Wild West

C,

My father's ancestry is from Prague, and they moved into and developed much of central Kansas, beginning in the 1850s.  The scenery is great there, so dry that old wooden structures do not rot away.  Largely central European (Slavic) and Scandanavian names still predominate the regions of Kansas and Oklahoma.  No crowds, and the pace is delightful.

• mstoriop
    mstoriop Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2020 #15
    Belated Congrats

Congratulations Cleveland.  Here's to 5 more years!  I will have at least one Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in your honor today, maybe two.  Thank you for your continued participation on this forum.  You were helpful for me and for others.