Two years cancer free :)

LisaPizza
LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member

I just had my regular follow up 2 days ago. As it turned out, I got a twofer out of it because I had a UTI and she took care of that for me. This marks 2 years post treatment (or close to it)! She scheduled my next follow up for 4-6 months instead of 3-4. It's nice to note that this makes me happy now instead of anxious, as it would have earlier on. I felt so doomed for the longest time, and I'm still well aware of my higher risk, but things do improve slowly :)

She still wants another CT at that time though, which makes me sigh, because obviously there's no point unless the risk of finding something is high enough.

For easy reference, I had stage 3a (met to left ovary), grade 2, type 1, hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy, chemo, and external rads. Surgery in November 2017, finished chemo April 2018 and rads June 2018.

I'm a little ambivalent about the phrase cancer free. As we all know, you never really know if you are cancer free. But I'm free from known cancer recurrence or treatment, so I'm going with it.

Comments

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Congratulations

These milestones matter and are to be celebrated! These are such tough times to be in treatment or recently finished and on high alert for recurrence. I'm almost 4 years out of treatment and the worry never really leaves, but it's definitely easier to forget about it for longer and longer periods of time which really helps for sleeping better at night! Be sure to treat yourself somehow to recognise the progress you are making.

• Quilter_1
    Quilter_1 Member Posts: 117 Member
    Congratulations, what a happy

Congratulations, what a happy milestone.  

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited April 2020 #4
    Woo Hoo LisaPizza!

Congrats! Always great to hear and celebrate milestones. 

xxoo

Denise 

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited April 2020 #5
    Congratulations!

Congratulations, Lisa!! What great news!  (Well, except for the UTI, but that's being handled). You could always say "no evidence of disease" if you like that phrase better.  Best wishes for many more clear checkups!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 961 Member
    edited April 2020 #6
    I love hearing this news

We are more aware of it than most people. Anyone could be diagnosed tomorrow.   You get more time between visits which is so nice too.  N E D.  

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Wonderful news!

So happy for you, Lisa!  And I love it that your provider wants scans!  I am just a few months ahead of you - diagnosed April 2017 with Stage IVB, Grade 2 - and I had to ask for a scan at the 1-year and 2-year marks! My provider says that protocol is to wait for symptoms to scan....and I never had symptoms to begin with!

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2020 #8
    Yay Lisa! I'm right there

Yay Lisa! I'm right there with you. Checkup next week and then every 6 months. 3a as well. I had 2 CT scans recently thanks to my ruptured appendix. First one showed abcesses on liver but gone on second CT so it was just caused by appendix mess. 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2020 #9
    Celebrate!

I know that I was very happy when I reached the 2-year post treatment mark too. So I hope that you're able to do something to celebrate this great milestone, even given the strange circumstances we all are in right now.

• LisaPizza

Yay Lisa! I'm right there

Yay Lisa! I'm right there with you. Checkup next week and then every 6 months. 3a as well. I had 2 CT scans recently thanks to my ruptured appendix. First one showed abcesses on liver but gone on second CT so it was just caused by appendix mess. 

Awesome Twinsy! :)

Awesome Twinsy! :)

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    Congratulations!

What great news! So happy for you!

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2020 #12
    Great News!

I'm so happy for you. NED is a reason to celebrate so cheers to you-"clink".

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2020 #13
    Way to go !!!!

GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited April 2020 #14
    So happy to celebrate this

So happy to celebrate this milestone with you! Congrats Lisa!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited April 2020 #15
    Lisa, I'm sorry I missed your

Lisa, I'm sorry I missed your "party"!  I hope you are still celebrating.  Hugs

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    Congrats!

So happy for you -- such wonderful and uplifting news for all of us, too. I'm NED for 18 months now, Stage 4B, last scan in Feb, now at 6-month intervals.

• LisaPizza
    Tamlen said:

Congrats!

So happy for you -- such wonderful and uplifting news for all of us, too. I'm NED for 18 months now, Stage 4B, last scan in Feb, now at 6-month intervals.

Fantastic! 

Fantastic! 

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Tamlen said:

Congrats!

Good news indeed!

Tamlen,

Happy to hear that you're still NED.

• LisaPizza
    edited April 2020 #19
    Thank you everyone :) 

Thank you everyone :) 

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Tamlen said:

Congrats!

Tamlen!

That is fabulous news. We 4B girls are so blessed!  

• lucindaw
    lucindaw Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020 #21
    AWESOME!!

Congratulations!! WHoot Whoot I just celebrated my 2 year cancer free on April 10 I have a check up in May then the doc says we can start spacing the appiintments out more.  I had a Stage 2 grade 2 adenocarcinoma in my uterus.  I hope and pray your journey cointues hedaing in a positive direction and keep hitting those awesome milestones!!