I've tested Positive for Covid-19 - UPDATED

abrub
abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
edited March 2020 in Colorectal Cancer #1

UPDATE  (3/29):  My husband is in the hospital with coronavirus and pneumonia (bacterial, so antibiotics are helping.)  OUr daughter's cough and breathing are still worsening, tho she's in pretty good shape.  She hasn't been tested, but county health assumes she has it as well.  (She does.)

My symptoms remain minimal - more like spring allergies.  I consider myself symptom-free (it's been almost 2 weeks since I was tested as positive, and my symptoms have remained minimal.

Friends are ensuring that we have anything we need, so isolation is working out.  I'm hoping David can come home from the hospital soon.

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, I have it.  But I don't think I'm the primary vector in my family (we all have it); I'm just the only one tested - and that because of a lucky fluke.

I went to chemo on Tuesday, and my blood counts were off.  Yes, I had a slight cough, and had been in contact with someone who had recently been through S. Korea, but was essentially feeling fine.  Meanwhile, my hubby had been coughing badly for over a week, and was assumed to have a viral bronchitis.

My onc, figuring I couldn't get chemo, and knowing that the hospital had just set up community testing (since discontinued) sent me for the test, and I found out yesterday I tested positive.  Otherwise, I'd be assuming that I was just still in avoidance mode.

Meanwhile, husband was ill, and daughter also had some symptoms - her ortho office had been shut down for 2 weeks due to a case of coronavirus, so for all we know, she got it there before the shutdown.  She's recovering from a major broken ankle and related surgery.

My symptoms of the 3 of us are absolutely the mildest.  But we wouldn't know if my dr hadn't been able to get me tested.  If chemo was next week, I wouldn't have been tested due to lack of tests.

I'm doing well.  My husband has me worried, but I'm watching out for him.  Public health nurses are checking from afar daily.  (I must show myself at the front door, when they are back in the car.  I'm under official "Isolation" - rest of my family is under quarantine.

Hanging in there - I'll keep you posted.

Alice

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited March 2020 #2
    CV

So sorry that you are in this circumstance, but thank you for letting us know.  I assume that a great number of us have been exposed, including me.  But until there is widespread testing available, we will just be guessing and taking a conservative approach to things.  Personally, I will try to keep up with exercise and sunshine as much as possible.  I wish you and your family all the best health in this difficult time.

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2020 #3
    best thoughts and prayers

My best thoughts and prayers are sent to you and your family as you weather the CV and other issues.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• SnapDragon2
    SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2020 #4
    Hang in there, take care of

Hang in there, take care of yourself.  I am praying for you all.

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    Praying for you!

I wish you and your family all the best! I will pray and hope for you that it will all go away and that you can continue your treatment. 

Hopefully you will tell us soon about your recovery!

Stay safe!

Tueffel

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Sorry to hear that you and

Sorry to hear that you and your family aren't feeling well.. Take care of yourselves and feel better soon!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited March 2020 #7
    Sorry

So sorry to hear this and I'm glad that you were able to be tested.  I'm hoping that you all feel better soon.  Prayers and cyber hugs.

Kim

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Oh my. Sorry to hear this. I

Oh my. Sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family recover soon. Hang in there!

k

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    edited March 2020 #9
    Oh no!

So sorry to hear this Alice! Praying that you and your loved ones recover quickly !!

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    edited March 2020 #10
    Alice

I am so sorry to hear this, I hope everyone in your family recovers without any intervention. 

• SnapDragon2
    edited March 2020 #11
    How are you all?  Thinking

How are you all?  Thinking about you and family.

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2020 #12
    Just checking in to see how

Just checking in to see how you are feeling? Hopefully a little better..

• ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2020 #13
    Wishing you a speedy recovery

Sorry to hear you have been infected. Wishing you a speedy recovery without lingering effects.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2020 #14
    Alice... please give us an

Alice... please give us an update. I’m thinking of you and hope you are ok. Sending love and strength 

k

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Kazenmax said:

Alice... please give us an

Alice... please give us an update. I’m thinking of you and hope you are ok. Sending love and strength 

k

Ditto

I've been thinking about you too and wondering how you are doing.  Hopefully well and wishing you well.

Kim

• abrub
    edited March 2020 #16
    I've updated my initial post

initial post has been updated.

• SnapDragon2
    I am praying hard for you all

I am praying hard for you all!!!  Thank God for antibiotics working.  What are they reccomending for your daughter and her breathing?

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited March 2020 #18
    Stay heathy

and I hope that your husband and daughter get over it real soon. 

Tru

• abrub

I am praying hard for you all

I am praying hard for you all!!!  Thank God for antibiotics working.  What are they reccomending for your daughter and her breathing?

And watching her blood O2 sat.  We also have her using an inspiration spirometer regularly.  She's finally feeling better.  We're hoping to have David home tomorrow, but probably not until Tuesday.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    abrub said:

I've updated my initial post

initial post has been updated.

I am so sorry that is so

I am so sorry that is so scary

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    edited March 2020 #21
    I am so happy to hear

You are showing only mild symptoms, I hope your husband and daughter feel better soon. I keep coming to see how you are doing. I was very happy to see this update.