Surgery getting real close

SnapDragon2
SnapDragon2 Member Posts: 714 Member

I wish all of you could be at the hospital with me when I have surgery!  You all know how it is suppose to be and how things are suppose to look and feel.  Ya, I'm super nervous.  Never had surgery before so this one is first and hopefully last!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    We will be there.....

just in spirit, and not physically. 

Take your mobile or lap top, and check in with us just as soon as you are up to it. We can still answer your questoins and give you comfort. 

You're on my calendar for the 7th.

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Best of luck

Best of luck in the upcoming surgery.  You only have a few days left, but if you focus on eating well, sleeping as much as possible and exercising, I bet the time will pass quickly and productively.

• SnapDragon2
    Trubrit said:

We will be there.....

just in spirit, and not physically. 

Take your mobile or lap top, and check in with us just as soon as you are up to it. We can still answer your questoins and give you comfort. 

You're on my calendar for the 7th.

Tru

Thank you, Tru!  Surgery

Thank you, Tru!  Surgery pushed back to the 21st.

• SnapDragon2

Best of luck

Best of luck in the upcoming surgery.  You only have a few days left, but if you focus on eating well, sleeping as much as possible and exercising, I bet the time will pass quickly and productively.

Thank you so much, Sand!  I

Thank you so much, Sand!  I've been eating really good but still no needed weight gain "sigh", not sleeping or excerising though.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Thank you, Tru!  Surgery

Thank you, Tru!  Surgery pushed back to the 21st.

Noted

I am sorry it has been moved.  I hate anything being postponed just leads to more anxiety. 

Tru

• Dagney1924
    Dagney1924 Member Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2020 #7

Thank you so much, Sand!  I

Thank you so much, Sand!  I've been eating really good but still no needed weight gain "sigh", not sleeping or excerising though.

Prayers sent your way, but

Prayers sent your way, but you will be fine. Try to get up and move around as soon as you can.

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Worry

It is not worth worrying about.  In all probability, you will be fine!!   Cannot tell how old you are, but are probably younger than my 77 when I had the surgery.  Soon to be 88 and NED for ten years. If I could do it at my advanced age, you can surely do as well and join us NED survivors.  Good Luck!!

• SnapDragon2
    danker said:

Worry

It is not worth worrying about.  In all probability, you will be fine!!   Cannot tell how old you are, but are probably younger than my 77 when I had the surgery.  Soon to be 88 and NED for ten years. If I could do it at my advanced age, you can surely do as well and join us NED survivors.  Good Luck!!

Thank you so much Danker! 

Thank you so much Danker!  That means alot to me. 

• SnapDragon2

Prayers sent your way, but

Prayers sent your way, but you will be fine. Try to get up and move around as soon as you can.

Thank you Dagney!  I feel I

Thank you Dagney!  I feel I will be just fine after surgery, its getting thru surgery that worries me, ha.

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    When I had my surgery, the

When I had my surgery, the only other time I had been in the hospital was to give birth. I know how you feel. But there’s nothing you can do change it. You will get through this trial by fire and eventually you will mend. I found I was very impatient with the speed of my healing. Very frustrating. But I will tell you drink plenty of water afterwards and walk as often and as much as you are able.

Sending love and strength to you.

k

• AnneO1965
    AnneO1965 Member Posts: 182 Member
    You got this Snap...

They will give you sleepy stuff, you will wake up wondering when they are going to start.... You won't feel a thing till it's time to get up and get moving... Then it's going to hurt like hell... But the more you move, the lesser the pain will feel...

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member

Thank you Dagney!  I feel I

Thank you Dagney!  I feel I will be just fine after surgery, its getting thru surgery that worries me, ha.

Surgery

At least for me, surgery was not that big a deal.  Plus, you are committed to it.  It is kind of like flying in an airplane when you are nervous.  Once you are roaring down the runway, there is not much you can do but trust the pilot and try to enjoy the flight.  Good luck.

• SnapDragon2
    AnneO1965 said:

You got this Snap...

They will give you sleepy stuff, you will wake up wondering when they are going to start.... You won't feel a thing till it's time to get up and get moving... Then it's going to hurt like hell... But the more you move, the lesser the pain will feel...

Thank you so much, Anne!

Thank you so much, Anne!

• SnapDragon2
    edited January 2020 #15
    Kazenmax said:

When I had my surgery, the

When I had my surgery, the only other time I had been in the hospital was to give birth. I know how you feel. But there’s nothing you can do change it. You will get through this trial by fire and eventually you will mend. I found I was very impatient with the speed of my healing. Very frustrating. But I will tell you drink plenty of water afterwards and walk as often and as much as you are able.

Sending love and strength to you.

k

Thank you so much K!  I

Thank you so much K!  I really appreciate all the non-sugar coated experiences you all share.

• SnapDragon2

Surgery

At least for me, surgery was not that big a deal.  Plus, you are committed to it.  It is kind of like flying in an airplane when you are nervous.  Once you are roaring down the runway, there is not much you can do but trust the pilot and try to enjoy the flight.  Good luck.

I am happy you made it thru

I am happy you made it thru without much complication.  I pray I do too.  I love your advice, it connects/makes sense.

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member

I Think I was 78 when I had my colon operation.  I"ll be 88 later this year, having be NED for lo these last ten years.  If it can happen at my age, it can also work for you!  May we all become NED forever!!!

• SnapDragon2
    danker said:

I Think I was 78 when I had my colon operation.  I"ll be 88 later this year, having be NED for lo these last ten years.  If it can happen at my age, it can also work for you!  May we all become NED forever!!!

This makes me smile!!!  Thank

This makes me smile!!!  Thank you for sharing your journey.

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    Surgery will be - well - a SNAP!

You do have this.    To quote that FDR guy, you have nothing to fear but  fear itself.  It will go fine, and you will get the result you want.  If there are some small speed bumps, come on here and tell us about it, and the wonderful people who have been on this board for years will help you through that too.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Anticipation

The anticipation of the surgery is the worst part of all.  You can get through this.  You have a couple days left, go to the hospital and it's all done and over with.  You will be so glad that it is behind you.  You can do it.  Please let us know when you can how you are doing.  We will be waiting for you to let us know that all is well.  You are going to be sore, but walk, walk, walk.  You will do so much better if you do.  Wishing you the best.

Kim

• SnapDragon2

Surgery will be - well - a SNAP!

You do have this.    To quote that FDR guy, you have nothing to fear but  fear itself.  It will go fine, and you will get the result you want.  If there are some small speed bumps, come on here and tell us about it, and the wonderful people who have been on this board for years will help you through that too.

Thank you so much, Dude!  Its

Thank you so much, Dude!  Its a really good feeling to know you all are here for support.